Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Oops… that didn't work

I’m getting sick and tired of getting this message everytime I try to log in at 43things/43places/43people. I have to try over and over again and when I’m finally in, I can’t post anything because that same annoying message pops up. Grrrrr!! Maybe one off my goals should be… quit the whole 43crap. So…now I’ve got that of my chest I can post about something completely different.

I was reading this article about success and achievement earlier today and there was a bit of a strange list at the bottom of the article. Well, at first I thought it was a strange list, later I had to change my opinion. First of all the article states: you have to understand that success is a state of mind. Success is not just the result or the outcome. If you can understand this, every moment can be a victory. Okay, I agree with them on that. Then I came to the list. They ask: How many of these achievements can you call successes:
  • Staying focused
  • Being optimistic, no matter what
  • Raising confident kids
  • Earning more than you ever dreamed
  • Hanging in, regardless
  • Passing on what you know
  • Finding work you love
  • Telling the truth, always
  • Paying off debts
  • Finding the good in being fired
  • Winning a tough case
  • Celebrating a milestone birthday
  • Exceeding your parents' expectations
  • Bouncing back after a failure
  • Delivering a healthy baby
  • Mastering the impossible—Mt. Everest, golf, the fuse box
  • Losing the last ten pounds
  • Meditating every morning
  • Accepting your looks hair and all
  • Learning to forgive your worst enemy
  • As you can see, even 20 “normal” things count as achievements. Hmmz… maybe 21 should be: Accepting that websites are not always available. I’m chanting this as I am writing this, so maybe later today I can call this an achievement too :)

    3 comments:

    Phil said...

    Maybe you have to log in 43 times?
    I agree with the first 20 success's, not with 21. Arrrrggghhh

    Dakota said...

    Uhmmm…That could be it! Next time I want to log in, I’ll count the number of attempts.
    Or maybe they should just design a new site called 43tries :)

    Dakota said...

    I used to walk away too, but every time I returned I would get the same annoying message.
    Now I just try it 3 times during the day and if I can’t log in I shrug my shoulders and try it again…….the next day!:)