Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Let it snow, let it snow, let it SNOW!

I was reading some blogs earlier and I really like the snow stories and pictures. Why? Well, I just love snow! I love the way the world sounds when it has snowed, I love the way it looks and feels and I even love the sound it makes when you walk. There is a downside to snow however and that is the cold that comes with it.

Unfortunately I live in one of the coastal provinces surround by petrochemical industries so the changes of snow are very slim. Most of the time when they predict snow, it means rain in my neighbourhood. Last weekend for instance, it snowed in the east, south and in the middle of the Netherlands. In the north the sun was shining and I had rain, rain and again rain. Oh and of course there was a storm…. A big storm! Conclusion: it’s definitely Autumn!.

But does that mean that I never enjoy the pleasures of snow. No of course not….sometimes nature makes a mistake and then I wake up to find that my corner of the world is covered in snow.

Here is one I made earlier….March, 2005

4 comments:

Phil said...

And I always thought you lived in a windmill. I'll send you snow pictures as they come, we had a dusting on Thanksgiving, that's it so far. Two years ago we had 2 feet of snow on Dec 4th

Dakota said...

Please do, I like snow pictures. And I’m really jealous now, grrrrr….. 2 feet of snow :)
Share Phil, share!!. Next time it snows on your end, please gather some people and start blowing; maybe some of the snow will end up here.

And Phil, I had to make you believe I live in a windmill! I can’t go around telling people I live behind a rock now, can I? ;)

Phil said...

Will do with the snow
and Dakota, you do rock!

Dakota said...

Hahahaha…Phil you made me really smile today :)