Thursday, November 17, 2005

The ongoing scarf-saga.

Earlier I wrote this little story about my sudden urge to knit a scarf. Shortly after I added that entry I started knitting enthusiastically. In just a few days I knitted, what looked liked the perfect scarf. I tried it on immediately. Hmmz… something was wrong. The scarf didn’t fit snug around my neck and when I persuaded it to fit snug I couldn’t move my head. Bummer, this wasn’t going to work. I decided to unpick the thing and start all over again.

Just a few days later I was really pleased with the new and improved result. I couldn’t wait to try it on, so I flung the thing around my neck and……. was shocked! The result was the same! Still no snugness! Arghhh. I had to unpick the thing again.

So…. Yesterday I started my third attempt. This time it’s not the fancy design I was going for, this time around I’m going for a plain and simple scarf. If the result is not to my liking I’m not going to unpick it again, I’m just going to donate it to charity or something.

2 comments:

Phil said...

I'm sure if you donated it, someone would scarf it up ;-)
That's cool you can knit. My Dad's Mom (also known as my Grandmother, who I never met) was an incredible knitter. I've been called a knit-wit, not sure that counts

Dakota said...

Hahaha...scarf it up!

I think everyone can knit. It’s just a case of holding two needles and a bit of yarn. You mess about with it a bit according to some instructions and then you are knitting.
In my case I guess it's in my genes. Both my grandmothers were knitters, so is my mom and even my father could knit.

Does knit-wit count? Hmmz.. let me think about that one………………..Well, I am in a good mood today, so YES it counts :)