Saturday, November 19, 2005

Another Saturday.

Last week it was SuperSaturday today I can only call it Saturday and it’s a bit of a strange one. It all started last night. First of all I could not sleep and that is a thing that rarely happens. After a lot of tossing and turning I finally managed to fall asleep and I wish I hadn’t! Man, the dream I had. Nearly every person I know was turned into a marionette with strings and all. And now they were after me. Why? Because I allegedly stole a marzipan pig?!?! and I don’t even like marzipan all that much. But now they wanted to assimilate me and they were all chasing me with pieces of string, screws and god knows what. It was actually quite scary so I decided it was time to wake up. Luckily I am a bit of a lucid dreamer so I can wake up if I really want to. The only drawback is that the same dream continues if I go back to sleep again. So, the coffee was percolating around 7.

At 11 I went to the library. I picked out a few new books and went to the counter to let them be scanned by the librarian. As it turned out, 3 of the 4 books where reserved by other member so I had to find a couple of other books to take home with me. Bummer!

On my way to the shop I noticed that
Sinterklaas had arrived. That is nothing new this time of year, but this was just a bad Sinterklaas. Way too much hair and with that I mean beard and moustache. There was a big waterfall of white hair hanging from his nose/upper lip and to make thing even worse it almost looked like it was growing out of his nose. Yuk! You couldn’t even see his mouth. Okay he was dressed like Sinterklaas, but he didn’t have the grace of the “real” Sinterklaas. I guess you could compare it with a really bad Santa.

When I returned home I discovered that the washing machine had been hungry again. He has these strange moods from time to time. This time around he decided to devour a bra and a piece of t-shirt. Hmmz.. I wonder should I throw my t-shirt away or is punk back in fashion next year? You never know, do you?!

It’s a bit like turning on my monitor these days. I’ll never know if it’s going to work or not. Today it went for the NOT option. The fuse had blown again. Fortunately I bought new ones this morning so I could replace it again, but it has become clear to me that there is something completely wrong. It’s not exactly normal that I need to change the fuse weekly basis. I’ll have to keep my eye out for another monitor. Bummer again!

But things are not all bad. The weather is extremely nice. According to the forecast it should have been really cold today, but it was not. I feel great and tonight I am going to have dinner with some of my favorite friends. So who is complaining…….I’m not!

Have a great Saturday :)

No comments: