Sunday, November 13, 2005

Blown a fuse.

No I didn’t blow a fuse. But my monitor did. Yesterday night it died on me. Panic! I didn’t want to spend my good money on buying a new monitor; I need so many other things. But with a little help from a friend, I figured it out. The fuse was blown. I had to search the whole house to find a replacement and I actually found one in an old stored monitor from the dark ages. I placed it in the monitor and it is up and running again. I am soooo happy.

All I need to do now is buy an extra fuse, just in case my monitor decides to die again.

4 comments:

Phil said...

That's someting to keep in mind, I didn't know they could blow a fuse. My brother-in-law has given us two 19 inch monitors, so I ahve two 17 inch ones and a 15 inch as backups. You get spoiled after a while. I have a 21 inch one at work, plus the new I-Mac G5

Dakota said...

You are most certainly spoiled. Here I’m still looking at my “old school” little monitor and you are talking about 21 inch ones. Boohoo! No it’s okay, someone offered me another monitor but I’m just too attached to my monitor. I just love the silly old thing!

And I didn’t know they could blow a fuse either. My friend suggested it.

JoeBoy said...

Use caution when changing that fuse. 30,000 volts is stored in the flyback transformer circuits even when unplugged.

Dakota said...

I’ll be careful. First lesson from my Dad (the great repairman): Look first, touch later! Second lesson: be extra careful with a TV/Monitor, volts are stored in the thingy :) I guess it’s called flyback transformer circuit….I didn’t know that!