Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The hunt for thick creamy chicken soup.

The other day I was in the library looking for a new cookbook. While I was standing there, I suddenly remembered the best soup ever…. Thick luscious creamy chicken soup! Just thinking about it made my mouth water. I could picture the bowl of steamy soup in my head. Funny how you can crave certain foods the moment temperature drops a few degrees. According to some people this has to do with instinct and fattening up for winter, but back to the soup.

Since I was standing in the cookbook isle I immediately checked all the table of contents of the American cookbooks. Oh, I forgot to mention that I ate this delicious soup on one of my visits to America. Unfortunately none of the books offered the recipe I was looking for.

A few other books offered more or less broth-like recipes. You sort of hold a chicken over a pan of water add some herbs and you have chicken broth. Hmmz… that is sooo not the thing I was looking for. Later, at the supermarket I looked at all the soups in the soup isle. No luck there either. Bummer!

Well, I guess I have to go through thousands of recipes online. Or is there, by any chance, somebody with a nice thick creamy chicken soup recipe?

5 comments:

JoeBoy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JoeBoy said...

Dakota,
My email address is on my blog. If you want, email me and I will get you some great recipes. I love to cook. The recipes wont fit in the comment box on your blog.

Max said...

I've never cooked home made soup, and chicken is my favourite.

Good luck in your soup quest!

Dakota said...

You should try it sometime Max…. there is nothing like homemade soup!

Dakota said...

I received a yummy recipe from joeboy but others are still welcome :)