Saturday, November 05, 2005

How come? Why? Does this ever happen to you?

Today was the day. I was going to give myself a present for my (quit smoking) achievement. I woke up really early, all excited, so after my shower and breakfast it was time to get in to town and shop. I wasn’t sure what I would get myself so I went to almost every shop I like. It turned out to be a huge success …Not!!

Somehow every perfume made me sneeze, clothes didn’t fit comfortable, books all looked boring, there where no brown leather boots obtainable, I couldn’t find a bag I loved etcetera etcetera. Bummer! :(

And I wouldn’t mind that at all, but this sort of thing always happens to me when I really want or need something. When my favourite pair of shoes needs to be replaced, I actually need a new winter coat or something. When I have some extra money to spend, it will just stay in my purse for ages or I will spend it on other things I can use but not necessarily need. On the other hand, when I have spent all that money or when I am almost broke I see fantastic and lovely things in every shop. At that exact moment I finally stumble on the winter coat I always wanted to have, I smell the perfect perfume, find all sorts of great books I want to have.

It almost feels like a conspiracy :) But maybe I’m just a bad shopper, or maybe I just want or need things at the wrong moment. I guess I never find the answer to this.

2 comments:

Phil said...

That happens to me sometimes too. I think I'm trying too hard. I often wind up buying something I don't need or that doesn't fit.

Dakota said...

Same here, Phil!

It is good to know that I’m not the only person with this predicament.