Thursday, October 06, 2005

To dye, or not to dye..... That’s the question.

Every year, when the leaves change color, the same question pops in my head: To dye, or not to dye? I’m talking about my hair, of course. During the spring and summer I’m love my natural hair color. In the spring it's light brown and in summer it changes color to a sort of honey blond. As soon as the summer comes to an end and my hair is cut, I don’t like what I see in the mirror. Simple solution; don’t look in the mirror!! That doesn’t really work. For some things you just need a mirror. So, the same old question comes up again.

And the answer this year, after serious consideration, is YES! I dyed it a warm chocolate brown this time, at least that’s the color name on the package. However, I have never seen a chocolate this color :) I should have known better by now. Every time I dye my hair it turns out a different shade then the package says. My own hair has an auburn undertone and that’s why everything comes out with a bit of red to it. So now I’m warm chocolate brown with a reddish tone. Strange collor for a chocolate, don't you think? But not to worry, I love it! It takes a bit of getting use to, but I’m happy!

4 comments:

Phil said...

sounds delicious!

Dakota said...

Warm chocolate is delicious…if you mix it with some warm milk, a shot of dark rum and top it of with some whipped cream :P

Phil said...

c\_/ c\_/ or something like that!

Dakota said...

Hahaha...Yup something like that :)