Monday, October 24, 2005

43Things


I wrote a few pieces in the past about this site and I like it, but I guess that’s pretty obvious by now.

Lately, however, I see more and more people just posting (mediocre) goals up there just so they can tick them as completed just a second later. I thought the purpose of this site was to write down your goals and share your progress. And when you see a goal you’ve achieved, you can click on the “I’ve done this” button and share a story about how you did it so others can be inspired or learn from it.

Can you win a price when you have the most completed goals, or something? If so, I can post a few average goals too: use a French bathroom (the hole in the ground kind) - not worth it, board a train that’s going nowhere – not worth it, remove the fallen leaves from the grass – not worth it (if there are still leaves on the trees) and so on and so on.

This doesn’t mean I think it’s wrong that people add completed goals to their list, but let them at least write something about it so people can be inspired or learn from it.

No comments: