Monday, October 17, 2005

New recipes.

Yesterday I was skimming through some magazines and found two new recipes I really want to try this week. So, I gathered some pen and paper and started writing my grocery list. I was really amazed by all the stuff I needed for just two dishes but, hey I can’t have every ingredient of the world stored in my cupboards, now can I? If I had, I would probably live in a supermarket :) Or not, as I discovered today. I only needed 15 things so that shouldn’t be much of a problem; I just had to go to the largest supermarket in my area. Armed with my big shopping bag and list I set out for my great adventure.

As it turned out the largest supermarket wasn’t the right choice. A lot of the things I wanted were not restocked yet, suggestion of one of the guys there: You can always come back this afternoon. Hmmmz… I don’t think sooo! I left the store with only 6 of my things, bummer! Other supermarket, same problem! Only this time I left with none of the other required 9 items. Third store then? Fortunately this store was restocked fully but their assortment isn’t that big; I left the store with another 7 items. I was almost ready to do a happy dance but I still needed two items. Store number 4 then?

Hmm.. I had to think about that first, so I went home and had a little break and drank a large cup of coffee. I needed some caffeine in my system before I could set out again. I already decided that I wouldn’t go to a fifth store. Luckily store number 4 had the last two required items, man I was so happy, I almost did a happy dance right there in the store! But I could contain myself and yelled ‘Yes!’ instead. People looked at me strange and probably thought I was a bit crazy or a weird eccentric person. I’m so glad I didn’t do my happy dance; they probably had me admitted or something.

On my way home I was thinking:
These dishes better be real tasty or else I’ve been on this whole shopping expedition for nothing. Well, I guess I can also see the bright side of this….I had a busy morning for a change :)

No comments: