Saturday, October 15, 2005

How about new females?


There seems to be popping up new types of males all the time. That is a bit strange, don’t you think? I haven’t read about a new type of female for ages or have I been reading the wrong articles and magazines? That could be it!

Okay, because there is no information about new types of females, here is something about this new type of males. Males who are trying to pose as a ‘metrosexual’, are way behind. Metrosexuals, a.k.a. males who have a lot of female qualities and are not afraid to show them, were very popular with woman the last few years. But now there is a new type of ideal male: The Ubersexual.

Uber means ‘The best of everything’ or meaning 'above' in german, another english translation is 'Very' or 'Super'. An ubersexual is a man who can do everything. Hmmz.. a sort of Superman, I guess! He is attractive, manly, dynamic, self-confident, classy, honest, social and strong. Or if you want the shortlist; the ubersexual is a metrosexual with traditional manly qualities. They say that Bono from U2 is an uber-ubersexual. According to Forbes the ubersexual era has started. It’s nice that they put that in print or else I would probably miss that totally. I haven’t met many metrosexuals thus far so I wonder if I ever will recognize an ubersexual.

What the difference between the two types?

A metrosexual……..
  • has lots of female sides and isn’t afraid to show them
  • loves shopping
  • take care of his body, uses cosmetics, dresses smart
  • isn’t afraid to show his sensitive side and is a superb conversationalist
  • Prototypes: David Beckham, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp

  • An Ubersexual….
  • is very manly and shows it
  • only had good sides, both physical and psychological.
  • can talk about his feelings, but also about sports, culture and politics
  • is honest and social
  • Prototypes: Bono – U2, Pierce Brosnan and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

  • I am not sure which type I like best. Actually I don’t even want to think about this. I only wrote this piece because I don’t think it’s right to be so narrow minded, don’t put people in boxes, stop stereotyping!.

    No comments: