Thursday, October 27, 2005

Other news: McDonald’s to put nutrition facts on packaging


Mindlessly eating a fat burger is going to be a thing of the past!

Customers soon will know that the Big Mac they just bought contains almost half of their recommended daily fat intake by just looking at the wrapper. Information including calories, fat, protein, carbohydrates and sodium will be on all their products. McDonald’s is introducing this new packaging style in the Netherlands (of all places) at the beginning of 2006. By the end of the year all restaurants will be using it (at least that’s the plan).

This all is part of the new campaign McDonald’s has undertaken. Now they (want to) promote a balanced, active lifestyle. They already eliminated the “Super Size” menu option.

Just so you know: a Big Mac contains roughly 510 calories and 26 grams of fat. When you also add a medium French fries, ketchup and a medium vanilla shake it comes to a grand total of 1308 calories and 56 grams of fat.

I’m lovin’ it…….. NOT!

2 comments:

Phil said...

Now if the people who go there all of the time would learn how to read, we'd be on to something. I haven't seen SuperSize Me yet, but I plan on it.

WV:bigmac
well, not really..but it could have been. Excuse my profile picture. I guess after that joint a Big Mac would taste good

Dakota said...

Maybe they can put pictograms on the packaging. Or they could add pictures of obese people too. Maybe that will scare them?

I haven’t seen ‘Supersize me’ either. It is still on my wish-list.

And after a joint one Big Mac is probably not enough to satisfy the munchies.

I saw that pic already on your blog..... I like the hair, dude! ;)