Monday, October 31, 2005

Sometimes weekends are packed with too much fun!


It is now somewhere between 2 and 3 in the afternoon and I’m still not, what certain people call, awake! I guess that’s quite normal if you are a wake till 3 and then only sleep 6 hours or so. But I had a great time and that’s what counts. Having fun is important!

Friday I went to see Boom Chicago but I’ve already told you about that. Saturday I went shopping with a friend. That was fun, but it was actually a total waste of time. My friend needed clothes for a special occasion, the only problem was that all the clothes were not special enough. Oh, she tried on some very outrageous or exaggeratedly creative designs but it was nothing like the thing she had in mind. On Sunday an old friend of mine came by. He had called me out of the blue on my birthday and promised to take me out to dinner one evening and yesterday was that evening.

It was a bit difficult to book a table in advance so we had to pick a restaurant at random. The first restaurant was fully booked. The second restaurant had a free table but we had to order right away and eat, drink and have fun in less than 50 minutes. That is no fun at all. So we continued our search and finally found a new restaurant with an available table. Time to sit down, relax, enjoy the evening and catching up. Chill! We were in no hurry at all but for some reason the waiter thought we were so every couple of minutes he came over to tell us that the food was on his way. In the end we just said to guy ‘hey man, relax, we are in no hurry at all’ and that helped. The evening was filled with nice food and wine, great music, tons of laughter and fabulous conversations.

My friend spend the night at my place (because he lives in another city) and we talked, laughed and talked some more. It was almost like a pyjamaparty! We had a great time…. funny how you can feel so at ease with certain people. It almost feels like coming home, everytime I see or talk to this guy again. I can’t really explain the feeling. I met him five and a half years ago, he was my b-friend for 3 of those years but although we loved each other dearly that didn’t work out and now we still love each other but on another level and we get along great and that’s an understatement.

Well, this morning we had breakfast, talked again and then it was bye bye time. I don’t know when I will see him again (he has a very hectic job) but I know I’ll see him again (for sure) and that we will have just as much fun as this time. Goodbye my friend, see you soon!

No comments: