Friday, October 21, 2005

It’s an odd day…

for writing on a blog. All inspiration seems to have vacated my head. What is there to write about, nothing much really!. There are not many interesting things happening at the moment so that is not an option. Outside it is grey, windy and it is raining, not much fun either!
To be honest I’m a bit down today, but not depressed!. I think it’s only human to have a these sort of days every now and then. When I first got over my depression I always panicked and thought ‘O no, here we go again!’ But now, I know better! Nothing to worry about, I just need to remember the little things I’ve learned.

Counteract your negative thoughts and feelings with positive ones. Nip negative thoughts in the bud.
  • Put some fun, happy and cheery music on.
  • Watch a great movie.
  • Don’t act as a victim. Take action / control.
  • Take you-time. Recharge yourself; soon you will be bubbling with energy.
  • Say what you want/feel/need to get of your chest. If you won’t, others will. Don’t get frustrated. Other can’t read your mind.
  • Know what you want. Have faith and do whatever needs to be done to reach your goal.
    See problems as chances. See every victory as a step closer toward your goal.
  • Stop worrying. It will drain all of your energy, and leads to nothing.
    Worrying sure won’t make you any happier.
  • Be prepared to make mistakes. You learn from them.
  • Appreciate the world you are a tiny little piece of.
  • Hmm…How funny is this?! I feel better already. I love the music that is playing in the background and just now the sun shined for just a second. And if that isn’t enough…I also have a little post for my blog :-)

    2 comments:

    Phil said...

    Great ideas Dakota, so much of how we feel is in our control

    Dakota said...

    They are not my own ideas, Phil. It is just a short summary of the things I’ve learned from all the books I’ve read about depressions and feelings. But my own ideas or not… they work - at least for me!