Monday, October 10, 2005

It’s my birthday and I cry if I want to…..

Not that there is any need to cry this year. Some people might think this is a really traumatic birthday for me because of my age, but that doesn’t bother me at all. I don’t feel any different than yesterday, last year or ten years ago. Well, maybe I’m a bit wiser then ten years ago. At least, I like to think so….. :)

I think age is just a number, the total of times some planets danced around each other, a state of mind. If you feel old, let yourself go, stop showing interest in technology, people, you will act old and be old. If you stay active, growing and curious, connect with all sorts of people, listen to different styles of music, keep learning, keep up with technology and try new things, you probably never be the same age as you actually are.

So what’s with that title then? Nothing much! It’s just my way of saying that it’s my birthday and I can do what ever I want. I can celebrate my birthday with a big party or just have some friends over. I can spend my birthday with my family or just do something special on my own. This year I celebrate it twice. Saturday I had a nice dinner, yesterday I had brunch with my Mum, brother and sister-in-law. And today I had a great phone call from a friend I hadn’t heard from in months (we are going out to dinner soon) and later I have some friends over. Just perfect! Well that’s this year, who knows what I will do next year :)

Quote ;)
“I was grown up at ten, and first began to grow young at forty.”
-Madge Kendal-

2 comments:

Phil said...

Ahhhhh, to be 40 again. Having just turned 48, 40 seems like forever ago. I look forward to being 50, then 60 and maybe even 70!
(I'll take 60)
Love the quote about being old at 10 and growing young at 40.
I had a friend who used to say 'you're only as young as your back is flexible'
;-)

Dakota said...

Hahahahaha....I like that quote even more ;-)

To be 40 again? Uhm… I think once is enough for me. Just kidding, but I think I finally understand what people mean when they see: I might be 40 but on the inside I am still 20 ;-)

And what’s that…. Whatever happened to the maybe even 80 or 90?