Thursday, December 08, 2005

The vibe, the spirits and other stuff.

The last few weeks I’ve been getting a strange vibe. I couldn’t actually place it and that is a bit odd, because under normal circumstances that wouldn’t be much of a problem for me. A few days I ago however, I got the sensation that the strange vibe had something to do with Internet. Someone is feeling insecure and unsettled and that has something to do with my presence. So if there is anyone out there with these feelings, just say so. I’ll stop reading your blog, I’ll not leave comments, whatever….. It’s not like I’m addicted or anything :) Just leave a message in the comment section or if you have my email address, drop me a short message.

This might all seem weird but I’m a bit weird ;) I can feel things, see things! I can actually say I have a bit of a strange gift or should I say talent? Actually I don’t know what to call it because I don’t really see it as a gift; it’s just something I have. Nothing special!

What is this thing I am talking about? I can easily pick up feelings from other people, mostly my best friends or close relatives. For example I know when people are lying or insincere, I know when they are sad or in serious trouble. See, nothing special! But what makes it a bit special is that I can also feel this when they are nowhere near me. And NO, I’m not clairvoyant, maybe I could be if I really tried, but I choose not too.

One night I couldn’t sleep, I was tossing and turning, sweating and I felt really worried but there was nothing to worry about. I tried meditating but that couldn’t ease my worried mind. So I started focussing on the feelings I had and started to ask myself questions like ‘What is going on? Why are you so worried? Can I help?’ Of course my questions weren’t answered.
But when I returned to my bed it suddenly came (I have no other word for it) to me. One of my best friends, who lives in Amsterdam, was having serious problems. At first I felt really relieved because I knew who was feeling bad, but then I was getting worried. Should I call, or not? I grabbed my cell phone, put it down again, grabbed it again and then suddenly I knew that I had to make the call. And I was right, my friend was in trouble. I will not go into the sort of trouble, because it doesn’t feel right. It was my friend’s thing.

Picking up feelings is not the only thing I’m “blessed” with. I can sometimes feel the presence of things that might be ghost or spirits…. I don’t know. I felt that someone left when I moved into my first apartment, it actually walked passed me. I’ve been hugged when I was depressed. Someone stroked my hair and was comforting me, when I was really sad. I have seen things (it is more a shape, not a person like figure) floating through my living room, just hanging out :) During all these experiences I was alone. Some other experiences: My grandmother paid me a visit just before she died. And both, my brother and I knew that our father would die the moment he did. This probably sounds freaky. Some of you might even think that it is scary, but it is not. I can only say that it almost feels peaceful. I can’t really think of a better way to describe it.

Okay, maybe now I’m just tooo weird. That’s okay…. I can only repeat what I said earlier: If you feel unsettled, don’t want me to read your blog or whatever…… just say so.

8 comments:

Dakota said...

Ehmmm…Maybe it is just a woman’s thing. Perhaps women are more sensitive to this kind of stuff. How knows, the sixth sense might even exist :)

Stu, I agree… it is a bit odd, but so am I :) And I will keep reading your blog just because it is so interesting.

Ap, you’ll need to start blogging more! I can’t comment on the same things over and over again :Þ

b o o said...

great post, thanks for sharing. i get that feeling sometimes too. but more so about places that i have never been to yet i'm familiar with the surroundings.

you're welcome to my blog. hope i am to yours. have a good weekend.

Phil said...

Hi Dakota, It certainly is not me. I know what you mean about those feelings. I've been much more intune with that 'little voice' over the past 2 years. I listen to it more and it's usually right. It can be a little freaky but I like it. I posted some snow pictures tonight of last night's snow.

Dakota said...

boo, when I was younger I had those déjà vu feelings too. I could visit a new place and it instantly felt like coming home or like I had been there before. Strange!

And you are more then welcome to my blog :) Enjoy your weekend!

Dakota said...

Phil, I was almost certain it was you :) No, just kidding!

Great to read that you are listening to your ‘little voice’. Isn’t it freaky how often it is right?

Thanks for posting the snow pictures, I really LOVE them :)

dot said...

About people not wanting to to read their blog, I'm confused about people who publish their writings to the internet and then get upset when people look at them. Maybe those people would be wise to use paper journals.

"Gift" is a good choice of words for what you've experienced. You're very lucky.

I have several friends who have had encounters with their deceased grandmothers. The friends are all women. I wonder if their isn't a special connection between granddaughters and grandmothers?

Dakota said...

My thoughts exactly Paula, they should just buy an ‘old-fashioned’ paper journal and a pen. There is only one problem; a lot of people don’t want to write with a ‘normal’ pen anymore. They are so accustomed to using a keyboard that the thought of using anything else just scares them :)

And I don’t know if there is a special connection between grandmothers and granddaughters. Perhaps there is….I’ll have to ask around. Maybe some of my friends have experienced the same thing.

Dakota said...

That’s a bit freaky, Zoom! I sometimes get feelings that feel like premonitions too and they don’t come true either. Weird isn’t it?. Sometimes I think they are really premonitions, but I’m not equipped enough yet to fully understand them. Hmm…. I guess time will tell :)

And you are more then welcome to read my blog…. I certainly enjoy yours :)