Friday, December 16, 2005

Let’s make it an: ‘I've learned’ – Friday again

I’ve learned – That money has nothing to do with happiness!

Don’t get me wrong, money can be very useful and it can increase your feeling of happiness, but you don’t needs tons of it to feel happy.

Over the years I have had all sorts of jobs, all with a different income. Some years my income was high and in some jobs I made just enough money to survive. And funnily enough this did not affect my happiness as much as I always thought it would. I always thought I would be devastated, but I’m not.

It is fun when you can buy everything you want, but when you have less to spend you’ll need to become really creative and that can be fun too. Weird, isn't it? Creativity can really contribute to your happiness. Creativity is a funny thing, it grows! When you have to think up creative ways to get the things you need, your creativity in other fields grow too. You are more inspired, you learn different things, like how to cook for instance ;) Just kidding! You even look at things in a different way.

This year I lived on a very tight budget, but I survived and I actually feel better and happier than I did in the wealthier years. I rekindled old friendships, I have met some new inspiring and interesting friends, revived some old hobbies, I give more to the world than before, I invest more of my time in fun experiments, I experience every day as a new adventure filled with exciting opportunities and I have learned that I can accomplish all sorts of things if I really want too. I don't need money to feel happy, I feel great!!

"True happiness brings more richness than all the money in the world."

4 comments:

b o o said...

i couldn't have said it better {{Dakota}} $ is great, it gives u mobility. but then there is everything else. air, love, laughter & hugs. have a great weekend.

kat said...

It certainly isn't the way to happiness Dakata but if you haven't got enough to pay the rent and eat it can be a worry. I can't understand people who go through life trying to make as much money as possible. Money and possessions are not the answer.

Dakota said...

Have a great weekend, {{boo}}. Enjoy the air, love, laughter & hugs.

Dakota said...

Kat, money and possessions are certainly not important. There is so much more in this world. Unfortunately a lot of people don’t see that, or finally see it …..when it is to late!

Have a great weekend!