Friday, December 23, 2005

Okay…time to relax!

I’ve got most of the shopping done and I did most of the things that I had on my list earlier this week. I just have to get some fresh vegetables and flowers tomorrow and bake a cake. Not because I can’t do without, or because someone told me to, but just because I want too. I really like the smell of freshly baked goods. Earlier I baked the cookies and I love the way the house smells when the cookies are happily baking away in the oven. Oh and they are very tasty too, I might add.

I feel great, relaxed and I’m looking forward to Christmas. That has not always been the case. For many years I really loved Christmas, but I’ve been depressed for a long time and during that period Christmas came and went by like any other day. I had no tree, no decorations, didn’t send any cards, didn’t answer the phone and there had been some days that I even didn’t bother to come out of my bed or get dressed.

I’m glad to say that that’s all in the past now. I found my way back, I’m starting to love Christmas again, but I’m still not overdoing it, but I’m enjoying it! And I can tell you why….because it is my Christmas! I’m doing what I want, making it my perfect Christmas and to top it all off, I am spending time with just the right crowd.

Well, I’ve got to practice what I
preach don’t I :)

2 comments:

Phil said...

I'm very happy for you Dakota.
Have a very Merry Christmas!
(I can smell the baked goodies from here)

Dakota said...

Woohoo…..I was blowing the lovely scent in the right direction then :)

Thanks for you lovely words, Phil. Have a very happy Christmas!!