Thursday, December 01, 2005

The special offer!


Yesterday I had a bit of a weird telephone conversation and it went something like this:

Guy: Hi, I’m from UPC, your cable company.
Me : Hi….
Guy: Is this a convenient time for you?
Me : Not if you are going to sell me something.
Guy: No I’m not going to sell you something BUT I do have a special offer for you, YOU our valued costumer.
Me : No you don’t
Guy: Yes, I have
Me : No you don’t!
Guy: Yes, I have!
Me : No you don’t!!
Guy: Yes, I have!!
Me : NO, you don’t!!!
Guy:………………. Yes, I tell you, I DO have a very special offer you, YOU our valued costumer.
Me : No, you don’t have a very special offer ME, your valued costumer because I am NOT one of your costumers!
Guy: You are ONE of our costumers, the PC said so.
Me : Wow! You have a talking PC!! Were can I get one?
Guy: grrr… No, I don’t have a talking PC…..grrr….but I have your information on my screen and you are one of our customer.
Me : No I’m not, you’ve disconnected my cable without a reason or warning a year ago and you never reconnected me again. As a matter of fact, I’m still waiting for the apologies.
Guy: …………..

Me : Oh, no apologies? Fine........
Guy: I just don’t understand it! What happened? Can you explain this to me?

Me: Yes I can, but I won’t!! Trying to explain the situation has cost me enough energy, so as I told the last cable guy, I don’t want you cable anymore, actually... you can stick it where the sun don’t shine!
Guy: …………..
Me : Okay, can you please make sure that my information is removed from your database? Have a nice day! Goodbye!

3 comments:

Phil said...

Funny conversation

dot said...

I love the "no you don't" "yes I have" exchange. Lol.

Telemarketers...pffft.

Dakota said...

Ja Ap, het kan gewoon in het Nederlands. Om je vraag te beantwoorden. Toen ik begon met bloggen (is dat een woord?) was ik er nog niet helemaal uit of Nederlands of Engels de voertaal zou worden. In het begin was het nog een beetje om en om maar nu heeft het Engels toch de overhand gekregen. En dat is eigenlijk maar goed ook want ik was het Engels bijna helemaal kwijt. Knap lastig aangezien ik nogal vaak op Engelstalige sites te vinden ben :) Nu probeer ik mijn Engels weer te verbeteren en het gaat iedere dag beter….. practice makes perfect, zeggen ze toch? Oh en ik heb inmiddels wat leuke Engelse/Amerikaanse contacten en het is toch wel leuk als die ook begrijpen waar ik het over heb :)

Maareh…waarom is jouw blog in het Engels dan