Thursday, December 22, 2005

A strange day before Christmas.

Wow…it’s a bit of a strange day today. And when I say strange, I mean strange!

First of all I got a phone call this morning. There is nothing special about that, but I was listening to a guy who was apologizing for something over and over again. Apologies can be nice, but I didn’t know the guy and I didn’t had a clue what he was talking about. I tried to tell him just that, but he was going on and on. Finally he needed to catch his breath, so I could tell him he had dialled the wrong number or something. I felt a bit sorry for the guy, now he had to dial the correct number and tell the whole story all over again. Bummer!

Another strange thing of the day: I think I stole something. Me….stole! I have never stolen anything in my life. I was doing some grocery shopping for Christmas and I didn’t need that much so I used a shopping basket. I walked to the cash register, placed my items on the belt, paid for them, and returned the items to my basket while I was walking out of the store. To my surprise I saw that there was still a carton of cream in there. Oops, I hadn’t paid for that!
How stupid is that! I was so preoccupied with other stuff, I totally forgot to place all my items on the belt. Silly me!

And then there is this. I received totally no mail today and that is a first! Really, no mail at all. Is the postman saving my mail up or something? Is he going to deliver it later this week? …..hmmz strange! Well, let’s look at the bright side, if he really is saving up my mail I’m going to get a nice bundle at the end of the week. Woo hoo!

4 comments:

Phil said...

That's pretty funny about the guy with the wrong number. Maybe he was trying a dry run to see if he could get it out. I had stolen things as a kid, nothing major, but I don't think it's good and I know I'd be mad at my kids if they did that. Many times as an adult I've been given too much change back from a cashier, I always give it back.

Dakota said...

I do that too Phil, because I know that the cashier has to pay it out of her/his own pocket at the end of the day.

And that with the guy was sort of funny and maybe he was just testing his skills, but I’m wondering now…… should I have told him, that he did not sounded very sincere and convincing ;)

Phil said...

That would have been very funny Dakota if you said
"CUT, ok, from the top, Appology - take 2"

Dakota said...

Hahahaha LOL Phil! Now I’m almost hoping that he’s going to call again!