Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Cleaning!

Hi there people, I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas. I am sure you did, and so did I, but I’m not going to bore you with yet another Christmas story. I probably talked about Christmas more then enough before.... So, Christmas is done and dusted and now it is time to look towards the New Year.

I like to start every New Year with a new refill for my organizer, a fresh journal, clean house and an even cleaner PC. So at the end of every year I check all my folders and I throw away all the stuff I haven’t used in a very long time. I noticed that you can come across the weirdest stuff on your PC in folders you have probably all forgotten about. Funny Pictures, strange quotes and so on and so on. Of course I’m not throwing away everything, but some things are just begging to be thrown in the rubbish bin.

This year I decided to browse through my music folders too. It’s time to organize and tag them properly. I started doing this today and I’m almost regretting my decision. Man, I didn’t know I had that much music on my PC. I’ll probably still be doing this in 2006. Oh well, at least i wont be bored :) And there is another bonus too; at least I’ll know exactly what kind of music I have. And that provides me with another bonus…. After I have finished, I know exactly what I can put on my iPod, which I received from a sort of secret Santa right before Christmas. Thank you, Santa :))

5 comments:

kat said...

I'm trying to tidy up my computer too but it is a big job.

dot said...

Oooh. An Ipod...I'm envious.

You're inspiring me to do some end of year clean up, but not on my computer. That would be a monumental task.

Phil said...

I have so much stuff on my computer, I need to organize it too. I asked Dylan if I can borrow his I-Pod. I got a look like I would give him if he asked to borrow my car.

b o o said...

good luck with the spring cleaning :)

Dakota said...

It sure is a big job Kat, but it always feels great when I’ve finally done it!

And it wasn’t my intention to put you all in a cleaning mood or something ;) But thanks for the kind words boo. And Zoom!, you can’t de-clutter to much, where would you hang your Christmas lights next year ;)

The iPod is great Paula, I take it with me everywhere I go! And it’s funny; you get really attached to it in just a few days. When I leave the house without it, it’s almost like I forgot a limb or something. I bet Dylan has the same problem Phil. To him it probably feels like lending out his car.