Monday, December 19, 2005

STOP STRESSING - A message to me!

Normally I am very organized, some people might even say that I’m too organized, but today I am having this sensation that everything is spiralling out of control. I have this funny feeling that I need to do a 1000 things before Christmas and that is only 6 days from now.
So now I have to figure out:
A) what really needs to be done……
and
B) which things I can do if I really have some time to spare.

The A-list:
  • Figure out a menu for Christmas day. I’m having some friend over and we are all going to make certain dishes. One is going to make the entrée, another one the main course, another one the dessert and so on and so on. That takes a bit of planning because the dishes should suit and complement each other.
  • Make a shopping list (don’t forget the flowers and candles)
  • Figure out where to get certain items
  • Plan when and where to do the shopping
  • Assign someone to get the wine.
  • Pay it forward
  • Check if I did sent all my cards out
  • Donate money to the Red Cross via Serious Request (dutchradio www.3fm.nl) and save a child in Congo
  • The B-list:

  • Bake a cake and cookies
  • Make a festive garland (or something) for the hall.
  • Create something special for my blog
  • Answer e-mails
  • Buy some small funny gifts
  • So much to do, so little time. Actually, now that I’m seeing this list, it’s not that bad. I can do this! Woow, the tranquillity is returning!! I am starting to feel almost Zen-like! Making a list is grand! Being organized, is soooooo cool :)

    5 comments:

    kat said...

    And if you don't get it all done, will the world stop spinning. Of course it won't. Stay cooooool.
    :-) I've crossed most of the things off my list for now.

    b o o said...

    at least u have a list. i'm like that mad woman u bump into at the malls, during the last day of shopping, crying & screaming for people to stay out of her way, grabbing boxers for women & stockings for men. don't stress {Dakota} remember the spirit 'ho ho ho' :)

    Dakota said...

    Thanks girls, I am feeling better already :)

    Kat, you’re a lucky girl! I wish I was almost done, but I started yesterday so I have already crossed some of the things off my list.

    boo,I used to be like you. It’s a bit like running around like a headless chicken. So my advice to you is…..listen to your own advice ‘don't stress {boo} remember the spirit 'ho ho ho' :)’

    zoom! I know I’m going to have a great, warm and cosy Christmas Day! I just have to run around a bit before the day is finally there. Hmm… running around is good, I can burn some calories in advance ;) Merry Christmas to you …. from the Netherlands!

    kat said...

    You don't understand Dakota. I haven't crossed them off the list because I've done them. I've crossed them off because I haven't got time to do them. I've lightened my load so to speak. :-)

    Dakota said...

    Oh…. Hahaha…Well, you still crossed them off, Kat and the world never stopped spinning. I also rearranged my list and delegated some things, so my load is a little bit lighter too :)