Saturday, December 10, 2005

Getting into the spirit of things.

Finally…. It’s time to embrace the Christmas spirit. Yeah, yeah I know, we Dutch folks are a bit late, but we have the Sinterklaas celebration first. And it is actually ‘not done’ to have anything Christmassy around (or inside) your house before Sinterklaas has left Dutch soil. The old hombre left for Spain on December 6th, so now it’s time to deck the halls with boughs of holly, Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la, we are feeling O so jolly, Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la :) Or in other words, time to buy a tree, decorate the place you call home and send out the Christmas cards.

So today I set out to buy the perfect Christmas tree and I found one…..wooooo hooooo!! I also bought most of my cards today. I just need to buy a special one for my Mom and then I’m all done. Well at least were the tree and cards are concerned. I’m so happy I could almost do a happy dance :) Yeah, yeah, I know I’m a bit silly, but I really do love Christmas. I like the smell of the tree, the fairy lights, the candles, Christmas cards and on certain days I can almost really enjoy the cheesiest Christmas songs :) As a said: a bit silly :þ

5 comments:

Kid Ric said...

Wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year!

The 4 hour Basement Jam loop is up and running smoothly. Three cheers for Rachel Fuller, Pete Townshend and the team at eelpie!!

I don't know about you but I'm ready for a party! I will be hosting the "In the Basement" loop chat and be in Ballerina Gurl's chat - http://pub6.bravenet.com/chat/show.php/456044885 - around 5:15 pm eastern time Sunday December 11. I tried to base this time around the majority. Sorry if it does not fit your schedule? I have invited a special mystery guest co-host, who has excepted, and you never know who else may honor us with an appearance. The loop should start at 5:30 pm. eastern. You are cordially invited to stop by and join us. Thanks.

Go to my blog and click on the Amplifier/Towser T.V. to watch the loop. It is on 24/7 every 4 hours. Great performances.

Peace, love and light.

kat said...

Since you are in the mood -Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year. :-) I've not finished the shopping or sent all the cards yet. Must get on with it.

Dakota said...

Thanks kid ric Ho,ho,ho.... Season’s greetings to you too. And thanks for the invite.

Thank you Kat and a Merry Christmas to you too. I still have a lot of things to do too, but that is all part of the Christmas experience :)

b o o said...

merry blessed christmas {{Dakota}} will save the noo year bit till later. i got all my shopping done today but did not send out any cards this year. me so forgetful me so silly *sigh*

Dakota said...

Silly is good {{boo}} :) Wishing you all the simple pleasures of Christmas! Have a great one