Friday, December 02, 2005

Post-it!

Earlier this week I adopted a goal and added it to my 43Things list: Write anonymous, loving post-its for strangers to find. What you do is you write inspiring messages of self-esteem, love, peace and downright weirdness on a post-it. (you can even decorate them if you want) and then find interesting places to leave them. Some of the more interesting places are: inside the pockets of unsold clothing, in the receipt slot of an ATM, under windscreen wipers, in unsold shoes and in books at the library.

Actually this is just another RAK (Random Act of Kindness)…. But I can’t help it; I just love to spread joy and love. If I can bring a smile to only one person’s face by doing this, that would be brilliant! Man, I am born in the wrong era; I should have been born earlier then I would probably be a hippie! Ehmm… I have a hard time imagining me in a flower dress with long hair, wearing Patouli and smoking a joint. I have even a harder time imaging all the other stuff that was going on way back then. But let’s return to the subject. Focus, Dakota, focus! Okay :(

I bought the post-its yesterday and now I’m thinking about original, inspiring, nice messages. That shouldn’t be that hard, but it’s a bit more difficult if you don’t know who is going to find your message. The messages have to be suitable for man, woman and child.

I’m also going to do something else. Every year I buy way too many Christmas cards and they always end up in a box, never to be used again. So why not just leave them for a stranger to find as well :) In addition I’m going to drop some of them off at the nearby Hospital; there are always patients who never receive cards, so maybe I can brighten their day too.

I will keep you posted :) Let’s spread some peace, love, warmth and happiness in these dark days before Christmas.

‘You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one, I hope some day you'll join us, And the world will live as one.’ Imagine – John Lennon

Photo “stolen” from Mirielle post on 43Things


6 comments:

Dakota said...

Wow! That was a long time ago… almost ancient history :Þ Just kidding!

Superb!! Great story, Ap! I just love doing these kinds of things. You can really change somebody’s day (make a difference), and you did! Thanks for sharing :)

Phil said...

That's great Dakota! I've been slacking off with my RAK's lately. You have some good ideas.

b o o said...

i do that by stalking people on their blogs & leaving strange but kind comments.

Dakota said...

I can’t take all the credit, Phil. This Post-it idea I got from Mirielle (43Things)

Dakota said...

Boo, you are not only doing this by stalking people on their blogs, you are also doing this with your great blog contents, which is great btw :)

b o o said...

aww, thanks Dakota. think you'll like wednesday though i'll probably tone it down a 'lil.