Thursday, January 19, 2006

With a MEME here and a MEME there, Here a Me, there a ME, everywhere a MEME

I've been tagged by Phil for my first ever MEME :-)

"The rules are simple: now that you have been busted, you must confess to 3 things that you do that others don't know about."

That sounds easy enough but I’ve been thinking this over for a while now and I came to the conclusion that it is not an easy task at all. I don’t have skeletons in my closet (I just checked again....nope, no skeletons :)). I can tell you all sort of things I’ve done, but that's not the purpose of this MEME. So, here are 3 things I do that others don’t know about:

1)
I do short meditations while I take a shower. Why? Because it is warm there , you can’t hear disturbing sounds and the water is relaxing and soothing. I can’t think of a better place!.

2) I watch EastEnders (soap BBC). I’m almost an addict. If I can’t watch it during the week, I’ll try and catch the omnibus on Sunday. Funny thing about this, I’m not even sure why I like it. Maybe it’s because it so over the top. People are pushed into graves at funerals, people are resurrected all the time, a wedding is never just a wedding and people are killed left and right.

3) I do avoid IQ tests. Every year there is an IQ test on TV and all my friends participate. I never do and never did. I don’t know how high or how low my IQ is and I don’t want to know. I believe that my IQ is pretty average and that is good enough for me.

So misery loves company. I get to tag three people……Let see…..Who will I pester with this? :Þ Choices, choices, choices. Okay, I have tagged the following people:

Kat
Stu
Zoom!

If you don’t want to play, that’s okay. Or as Phil said it…. if any of you didn't do the meme, I'd totally understand.

6 comments:

zoom said...

I'm honoured! My first meme (is that pronounced "Me-Me" or is it the french word 'meme' which means 'same'?)

Three things nobody knows I do? Wow. Three things that aren't deep, dark secrets but nobody knows about and are interesting enough to tell you about. Give me a few hours so I can make up something good!

Phil said...

Very good MeMe Dakota. I find these hard to do, it's worse than public speaking. It's funny because I've been thinking about my IQ lately and I know it's pretty average although I get tempted to take a test again because when I took it in High School, well, I was high

Dakota said...

Oh, you are going to keep all the good ones to yourself Stu. Bummer ;)

Ehmm… you are asking Dutch girl about pronunciation? I don’t know, I guess it’s Me-Me. I wanted to say, take all the time you need Zoom! but I just saw that you already did the MeMe! It’s a very good MeMe :)

Thanks, Phil. Funny, how we can think about the same things, almost at the same time. It’s almost like there is a cosmic connection or something….spooky, very spooky!
About the test, just do it! Take a test. Maybe the result will astound you :)

kat said...

I've sort of done it but found it very difficult. I don't have many secrets.

b o o said...

good meme Dakota. i love taking iq tests :)

Dakota said...

Sort of done, is fine by me Kat :)

Thank you boo and I’m not amazed by the fact that you like IQ test, you are a pretty smart girl.