Thursday, January 12, 2006

Finding Neverland

I finally saw this movie and I can highly recommend it if you want to be moved, transported and enchanted. You have to be prepared to go back in time bit (1903). This movie tells the story of Sir James Matthew Barrie, creator of Peter Pan and how he wrote his well-know play. This isn’t a documentary; things have been changed to make it a better story, but don’t let it dissuade you from watching “Finding Neverland”. Get ready to laugh, shed a tear and be amazed, or just simply enjoy a beautiful story.

Cast: Johnny Depp, Kate Winslet, Julie Christie, Radha Mitchell, Dustin Hoffman and many others.


And hey, Johnny Depp is in it, but you forget it’s him just after the first few minutes.

4 comments:

Phil said...

I've wanted to see this (and so has Dana) for a while. Maybe we'll get to it this weekend.
I love Johnny Depp, he takes chances
with his roles.

qaminante said...

I loved it too, and while I wasn't a fan of JD, I thought he was superb in this role.

b o o said...

i have not seen it but i think i will get the dvd now. thanks Dakota :)

p/s i love johnny depp too. my fav jd movies are edward scissorhands & whats eating gilbert grape. both made me extremely sad.

Dakota said...

I love Johnny Depp too, Phil. Mr. Depp is a real chameleon, no two roles are alike and you totally forget it’s him after the first few minutes of every movie. Great actor and a lovely guy to look at too :) I hope you get to watch this movie some day!

Fan or no fan, it’s just a lovely story and a great roleqaminante

Get the DVD boo. Funny, I was sure you had already seen it. You movie buff, you :)