Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Don’t you just love it….. I do!

Hmm… I should probably explain that. I just love the fact that the Holiday season is over. I like the season but I am glad that everything is back to normal now. No more decorations, tree, cards, fatty foods and sugary treats. Okay I still have some candles burning at night, but they are there most of the year so they don’t really count. So, it’s back to normal. Yeah! Time to lose those gained holiday kilos. Hey, that almost sounds like I gained 10 kilos or something, but I didn’t ….just 2 and they will be gone in no time. You are probably thinking that I ate about a ton of food, but I didn’t. I like cake and Christmas cookies though and let’s not forget the chocolates :) But I can’t blame them; it’s all my own doing. During week 52 & week 1 I skip my exercises, so I don’t burn as much calories. Under normal circumstances that is neatly balanced, I can (almost) eat everything I like and burn it off the next day.

Last weekend I started my normal eating pattern and yesterday I started exercising again. I lost half a kilo already. I am amazed by this myself and I feel better already. Not because I lost the 500 grams but I have more energy now. That is what healthy eating and exercising does for me. There is another bonus too. The last two weeks I have been fighting a cold or the flue. I don’t know exactly what it is because my body is battling the virus head on, so I have felt a bit strange and that is an understatement. Coincidentally that feeling is disappearing too :)

Yay!…. Everything is getting back to normal.

4 comments:

b o o said...

glad that you're doing well {{Dakota}}

Dakota said...

Hey boo!I hope that the rain stopped and that this means that you are back! {{boo}}

Phil said...

Glad you're feeling better Dakota. I've lost about kilos in the two weeks I've been juicing. I wanted so much to get out in the kayak today but my toe is bothering me. It was in the mid 50's(F) and most of the lake is thawed...I know you've seen these before but I put them in a different layout. It's a very easy Flash view to use and configure and it's a great way to display pictures

Dakota said...

I like the new layout Phil, it’s beautiful, just as the pictures are. I can imagine that you want to get out in the kayak. 50 degrees F….it is only 39 F here, man it’s almost spring in your little corner of the world :) Just be a little more patient a little longer, your toe will probably improve soon now that they are working on it, and the lake isn’t going anywhere (just like you).