Tuesday, February 28, 2006

In the Twilight Zone

I am having a bit of a strange day. Another one? Yes another one! It seems that my past is starting to haunt me. Hmm.. that sounds like I have a dark nasty secret and I hate to disappoint you all…. but I have not :)

Some time ago I wrote the Lost and Found entry and as I told you then, instead of me finding my friends, people seem to find me. Last weekend, this happened again. One of my classmates from primary school found me. I don’t remember much from my primary school time, so at first I really enjoyed this renewed contact, but now I’m not so sure anymore. Why? Well this guy told me he was in love with me way back then. Funny isn’t it? No it isn’t and I will tell you why.

Last year the same thing happened to me. A guy from primary school contacted me. We met and we visited our old school. After our little visit we had lunch and then he told me I was the love of his life. Scary :( Hmm… now that I’m reading this, it don’t sound scary at all, but the guy is married and has a kid. So we laughed about his little confession and emailed each other for a while….that was fun. Until he started talking about a relationship and divorcing his wife to be with me :( He even told his wife this before talking to me, so his wife threatened me; she was going to get me and so on. A lot of bad things happened. That was not so much fun; I’m not a home wrecker! We still email sporadic now, and he is still married, but it wasn’t a pleasurable experience.

And now there is this new guy. Told me he loved me way back when in his second email and how old feelings returned when he saw our old school picture. He is very enthusiastic/eager and wants to know all about me and that scares me a little bit. Hmm… maybe I should stop writing those funny and inspiring emails (yeah I know I write pretty damn well in Dutch, I have a way with words in my native language :)) to him. *sigh* Like I said, I’m having another strange day. But hey, there is one positive thing; at least this guy is single :)

4 comments:

b o o said...

primary school! ah first loves. who's a lucky girlie girl now :)

Dakota said...

Ehmm.... You boo? ;) I don't think it's me :รพ

wanderingthinker said...

Whow! Such an impressive personality already at primary school. That guys haven't forgotten you and are willing to throw their marriage and children out of the window after some mails, just to live together with you... You must be a really dangerous seductress, or have met some very weird people... ;-)

That would scare me, too!

I barely can't remember anybody from primary school, and don't know even a single name... ignorant bastard, I am.

Dakota said...

Hahahah…..Wanderingthinker, if you must know, I was (am) such a femme fatale :) NOT!!! I just meet really weird people, or should that be guys ;)

I don’t remember much of my primary schooldays either, but I remember names and faces when I see pictures. Hmm… maybe I should even erase those from my memory, at least that way I wouldn’t get in so much trouble :)