Friday, February 03, 2006

Insomnia – the story continues!

First of all I want to thank everyone for their nice comments on my previous insomnia post :) Thank you! Second: I wanted to update you all today.

Last night I slept pretty well actually….. No, that’s not true, I slept better. I woke up 4 times instead of the almost normal 8/10 times. I don’t know if the shower or the warm milk (with anise) did the trick because I was probably just to worn out to stay awake :)

Tonight I’m going to try something different though. I’m going to unwind in the sauna and enjoy a very relaxing massage afterwards. They probably have to carry me home :) I usually sleep like a baby after a sauna visit.

I’m still not sure why I can’t sleep a whole night. Sure, I suffer from insomnia from time to time but not like this. When I had it before, it usually had to do with stress or worries, but I’m neither stressed nor worried. Strange?!

I’m starting to think it has to do with the weather; it has been dark, foggy and grey most of the week. Maybe I’m lacking melatonin or something ;)

Who knows……. I hope the sauna is going to do the trick. If that doesn’t work I’m going to get some herbal remedy I have used before which is called Nachtrust (night rest) by Bional. It contains valerian, hop, melissa and vitamin B1. I am going to stop this……one way, or the other :)

2 comments:

b o o said...

i finally got myself out of the house to goto a spa today.

this is friday - i went in @2pm, took in a movie there {chronicles of riddick} vin diesel is so hot :) went into the jacuzzi @4pm, sauna @4.20, freezing cold dip@4.30, wet sauna @4.40, then a cold shower, followed by a 90mins massage, had a light dinner (fried rice with lots of fresh watermelon juice), finished my movie, got home @9pm.

am nodding off as i'm typing this to u. hope yours went well & u had a goodnight's sleep {{Dakota}}

b o o said...

my comment was:

yes i did thanks ap brussel, that was before blogger went mad & ate up my comment & my blog.