Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Interesting quote about Attitude

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes."

-Charles Swindoll-

5 comments:

dot said...

I know this with my head, but it's hard to get my heart to believe it.

It's hard to live this way.

b o o said...

pretty close to my personal statement:

'to have the courage to try everything & stick around when i fail, so people may wonder why i'm still smiling. i'm determined to be content & happy in whatever situation i may be, for i have learnt from experience that the greater part of my happiness or misery depends on my disposition & not circumstances'

but u have probably read that :) though sometimes i totally identify with what paula says.

Dakota said...

Thanks for your comment Paula and boo and I totally agree with you both. It’s hard to live this way and it’s soooo easy to forget things like this. Maybe that’s why I post things like this…….just to remind me (and others) :)

And I love your personal statement boo…..such great rules to live by :)

wanderingthinker said...

I forgot, to comment immediately, but the citation kept circling around in my head, so I have to do it now:

I agree completely on the statement, that attitude is everything. It's a part of our natural given survival traits. (Wo-)Man can survive under the most unfriendly conditions, if only his attitude is positive. That has been confirmed by the works of Viktor Frankl and others.

As I've written on another place, I have to learn to stick to my attidute, as I have to avoid stress, but stress is realy inevitable and all I can do is change my way, to react upon the stressfull factors.

It is hard and requires a lot of focus, but can be done.

Dakota said...

There is no timeframe here wanderingthinker, comment whenever you want :) I know it can be done; I’m almost living proof ;) But when things get really tough, it’s not always easy to see the positive…..It can be really hard (work), but like you said IT CAN BE DONE!