Monday, February 13, 2006

What does your key-ring express?

The other day I posted this alphabet photo on 43T – K is for Keys. Of course my Piglet key-ring got noticed (like so often) and that resulted in this interesting question by Wanderingthinker: “Piglet? My keyholder expresses a part of my personality. Is it the same for you?”

Like I said, interesting question. I’ve never thought about that. I have had the weirdest key-rings over the years: there was a fluffy giraffe, a frog (that actually was a prince charming in disguise according to a friend), a Saint Christopher, a nametag, a mini Maglite and so much more.

But back to the question: Does Piglet express part of my personality?

Let’s see:
Piglet clearly suffers from Generalized Anxiety Disorder and needs to be placed on an anti-panic agent……..well, that’s not me!

Piglet’s general traits: timid, sensitive, honest, reliable, compassionate, just, generous, ordinary, tends to mistake fear for lack of courage – when in a pinch, however, can overcome his fears admirably, is afraid of the unknown, runs away from his problems, is not known for his brain – but knows his strength and weaknesses well and perceives those of others clearly,

Funny…..I’m actually part Piglet. Guess I’ve learned something today

How about you. Does your key-ring express part of your personality?

4 comments:

qaminante said...

Nothing on my keyring but keys - they used to be attached to one of those dongle things that I could clip to a ring on my bag, so that I didn't have to root around for them, but I abandoned that when I switched to a backpack. I do have a keyring with the Kipling monkey on it (in turquoise!), but I don't use it as the keys have to live in my jacket pocket and the monkey is a bit bulky, so I just hang him up in my hallway.
Not sure what this expresses about me, unless it's a degree of schizophrenia (whimsical enough to own the fun mascot but too practical to use it as a keyring...).

b o o said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
b o o said...

a cute piglet u make. my keys are just bunched together with no particular identifier.

i'm practical like stu & Q :)

Dakota said...

I used to have different sets of keys on a small karabiner too stu but I ended up taking along the whole bunch all day every day….. I felt a bit like a prison warden. Now I just have different sets.

The fun Kipling monkey sure is bulky qaminante, I had that one for a while too but he is very unpractical and takes up a lot of space.

You are just the particular identifier on your set of keys boo

And it has to be said, you are all very practical people :)