Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Quit Smoking - lesson IV

Stay positive. Think of the benefits you will enjoy after you quit. Benefits of quitting tobacco are unlimited! Here are some benefits expressed by others:

• Every breath I take feels so clean and refreshing
• I'm not tired during the day...yet I sleep like a rock at night
• I have more stamina, endurance, and confidence
• More cash in my pocket
• My clothes don't stink
• I'm not ashamed of smoking anymore
• My anxiety level has gone way, way down
• I can breathe!
• I'm working out like a champ
• I am in control of ME
• No more coughing
• I'm eating better--I used to substitute cigarettes for food a lot
• I can smell again
• My complexion is much better
• My heart feels relaxed...like it can do more work with less effort now
• Less heartburn and indigestion
• More respect for myself
• No need to worry about attending events where I can't smoke
• My house smells good! My car smells good!
• No more fear of fire caused by smoking
• I spend money on my health now, like working out at a health club
• My sinus problems are gone!
• My allergies and asthma have improved
• I don't feel like a hypocrite
• I can sing again!
• No more time wasted smoking
• Whiter teeth
• Fresh breath
• Sharper thinking
• Pride in myself
• No more guilt about exposing family and friends to secondhand smoke
• Confidence in my ability to achieve whatever goal I set for myself

No comments: