Friday, August 12, 2005

15 theme songs for myself

#1 Always look on the bright side of life – Monty Python.
I’m a born pessimist but the last few years I’m being much more optimistic. Even on some days, when I think the whole world is against me, I can shrug my shoulders and get on with loving life.

Part of the lyrics:
Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you’re chewing on life’s gristle
Don’t grumble, give a whistle
And this’ll help things turn out for the best…
And…always look on the bright side of life…

Always look on the light side of life…

# 2 K's Choice - Dad
Part of the lyrics:
You never told me that you loved me
I know you didn’t know how
I guess that shows we’re much the same‘cause I love you too
and until nowI’ve never said those words out loud
I hope you’re proud
To be my dad

What are your secrets,
do you pray
Is there a God that shows your way
I wish I knew…
Do you have crazy fantasies
What happens in your dreams
I want to know…

I guess you’ll always be a mystery to me
But you taught me how to value life
and what else do I need
i have a dad who watches over me

My dad died many years ago and I guess that’s why I consider this one of my theme songs. I think I know a lot about my dad and the life he lived but every now and then I wonder about things. Did he have crazy fantasies? What where his secrets? I guess I never know. What I know for sure is this: He loved me, I’m proud to be his daughter, He taught me how to value life and I (still) have a dad who watches over me.

No comments: