Sunday, August 28, 2005

Quit smoking 101

I received my first lesson just a few moments ago. The focus of today’s lesson is on thinking about why you want to quit smoking. Why do you want to quit smoking tobacco? What are your reasons? Making a list of reasons for quitting is the first step toward successful smoking cessation.

My list:
* I don’t want to be a nicotine junkie anymore.
* Cigarettes taste disgusting.
* Smoke stinks and so do smokers!
* I want more energy.
* If I don’t smoke my hay fever will improve.
* Why do I want to ruin a perfectly healthy lifestyle by smoking?
* My skin will improve just as my sense of smell and taste.
* I hate that constant coppery, ashy taste in my mouth.
* I want to be able to relax and not always feeling in need of something.
* I hate getting smoke in my eyes.
* I don’t like to smoke or be a smoker!
* I don’t like the stained teeth and fingers.
* I don’t want to get sick!
* I don’t want to cough in the mornings.
* I want to be as healthy as possible
* Smoking cost too much
* I don’t want to sponsor the state by paying tobacco taxes.
* I don’t want to worry about being able to smoke
* I don’t want to stand outside because I can’t smoke somewhere
* I don’t want to feel like a loser.
* I want to be free

No comments: