Friday, August 05, 2005

Thursday August 4, 2005 – Mission accomplished.


I only did it the other way around… from Noordwijk to Scheveningen.
I woke up early and after I had my morning dose of coffee and breakfast I took the bus, subway, train and again the bus to Noordwijk. Reading this, it looks like I traveled for hours on end but that’s not the case.


At a local Noordwijk bakery I bought some buns filled with currants, sultanas, muesli, sunflower seeds and nuts. Funny, they were called beachbuns :) So with my lunch (water, buns, fruit and a ChupaChups) in my backpack I began my 20 kilometer hike!

The weather was just right. Not to hot, light breeze, sunshine, some clouds, plenty of blue skies and not to much people. I’ve really enjoyed myself. Met some nice people (with and without dogs). Saw children having a great (first) time on the beach with their buckets and spades. And saw some of nature’s beauties. I’ve posted some pictures on flickr.

It took me 4 and half hours to reach the Kurhaus Hotel Scheveningen. Not bad, seeing as people walk an average of 5 kilometer an hour.

I’ve had this plan for a couple of years and I’m glad I’ve finally done this…. I had a fabulous time.

No comments: