Wednesday, August 24, 2005

15 theme songs for myself

#11 Keep on movin' - Five
I hate to admit it, but this song always gets me up when I’m really down.
I woke up today with this feeling
That better things are coming my way (way)
And if the sunshine has a meaning
Telling me not to let things get in my way
When the rainy days are dying

Gotta keep on, keep on trying
All the bees and birds are flying (ahh ahh ahh)
Never let go, gotta hold on in
Non-stop ‘til the break of dawnin’
Keep on movin’ don’t stop rockin’ (ahh ahh ahh)
Get on up when you’re down

Baby, take a good look around
I know it’s not much, but it’s okay
Keep on moving anyway

#12 Greeneyes - Coldplay
In honour of my own green(/grey) eyes :)
That green eyes, yeah the spotlight,
shines upon you
And how could, anybody, deny you

I came here with a load
And it feels so much lighter, now I’ve met you
And honey you should know, that I could never go on without you

#13 Video - India Arie
Sometimes I shave my legs and sometimes I don’t
Sometimes I comb my hair and sometimes I won’t
Depend on how the wind blows I might even paint my toes
It really just depends on whatever feels good in my soul
I’m not the average girl from your video

and I ain’t built like a supermodel
But, I learned to love myself unconditionally
Because I am a queen
I’m not the average girl from your video
My worth is not determined by the price of my clothes
No matter what I’m wearing I will always be ……………..me!
I’ve learned to love myself… and it feels great.

#14 Everything - Alanis Morissette

I can be an asshole of the grandest kind
I can withhold like it’s going out of style
I can be the moodiest baby that you’ve ever seen
And you’ve never met anyone
Who is as positive as I am sometimes
I am the wisest woman you’ve ever met.

I am the kindest soul with whom you’ve connected.
I have the bravest heart that you’ve ever seen
And you’ve never met anyone
Who’s as positive as I am sometimes.
Like most people I can be everything… good/bad, down/up, high/low, positive/negative. You name it, it’s in here somewhere. Guess I’m human :)

#15 If only I could - Sydney Youngblood
Everybody all around the world, stand up all my brothers
Joining our hands, united we’re stronger
Fighting for peace, caring about our loved ones
Trusting ourselves, sharing our feeling, believe me

If only I could I’d make this world a better place
If only I could I’d make this world a better place
Oh believe me, believe

Believe me, believe, if only I could
If only I could…. With a little help from the good people here on 43things…………. I can!.

No comments: