Friday, July 21, 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen….

I am taking some time off!

Yes, it’s that time again. So, I’m going to take a chill pill ;) and just relax for a couple of days. I’ll probably be back in a couple of days. I’m still going to post Sunday’s “Mind, body and soul sessions” because I’ve almost finished writing it anyway :).

In case you get bored, here are some interesting finds…. Enjoy!!

Lost and found photographs
Time tales is a collection of found photographs. Found at flea markets, thrift shops, some are scooped up from streets and alleyways, fallen from an overstuffed bag or torn pocket. Others turn up in a cabinet’s hidden compartment, found while wandering the rooms of an abandoned house. Now the photos exist by themselves, lost in time. Time tales does not want to reveal their mysteries. Time tales asks to be the new home for lost photos, a resting place, for the nameless and the lost.

Air traffic controllers
These disturbingly funny conversations allegedly all took place between air traffic controllers and pilots around the world. Have a pleasant flight.

Wonders of the world
Wondering about your next holiday destination? Maybe the Hillman Wonders of the World list can help you. Consult this top 100 ‘must see’ destination site, fly around the world and cross off all the destinations you have visited already

Don’t browse……swarm!
Swarm is a graphical map of hundreds of websites, all connecting to each other. It updates itself every second with where people are going and coming from. As sites become more popular, they move towards the centre of the swarm. Website traffic is symbolized with thin lines. Each time you see a line appear, it means someone has moved from one site to the other. You can gauge how many people are swarming around based on the number of lines. Swarm is a useful tool for browsing the web, not searching it. You need to come here with an open mind and you may find some really cool stuff.


Take care, stay cool, drink fluids and enjoy yourselves!
C U L@er!!

10 comments:

Dakota said...

I will, thanks Stu :)

zoom said...

Enjoy your days off Dakota. That Swarm link looks very interesting...I'm going to check that out.

Dakota said...

Thanks Zoom! and give the Swarm a go..... It's very interesting :)

Phil said...

Enjoy your break Dakota. I hope it's not related to my HNT post. I seem to have driven my audience away. I'm on Cape Cod now on vacation but still blogging at almost midnight.
Good grief....

Dakota said...

LOL! Phil. On the contrary, that HNT post almost made me wanna fly over there ;) But you are away for a week so what’s the use! Have a great week…..enjoy :) Looking forward to see all your photos.

Oh…. And you are starting to sound like a real blog-a-holic. Should I worry?

Phil said...

Have a good one Dakota and I'm lovin' the ATC chats!

Dakota said...

I will DoGGa. Glad you liked the Air traffic control stuff :)

zoom said...

Is it just my imagination, or is this break longer than the last break?

I'm looking forward to your return, Dakota.

Dakota said...

It’s just your imagination Zoom!, last time I stayed away for 11 days :)
I am not quite sure when I am going to return this time. I still have the ‘writers block’ thing going on (bummer!), but there is (always) hope! The next few days temperatures will drop considerably and that will probably mean I'll be able to sleep again ……hooray!! Hopefully my inspiration will return after that :)

I’ll be back!! :)

zoom said...

I think it's been 12 days now. ;)