Monday, July 10, 2006

Fun in the sun!

Last Saturday I went to the fantastic music festival called “Concert at Sea”. I thought it would be a very small festival but as it turned out 60.000 people showed up for some fun in the sun!
And fun in the sun it was. Great (Dutch and one Belgian) bands, even better ambiance, magnificent festival feel and a lot of singing and dancing. I had a great day! But (there is often a but) there was also one drawback.

I was supposed to go with one of my friends, with whom I go to these kind of events quite often, but unfortunately this person could not go so I had to invite someone else or go alone. I opted to go with someone else and that turned out to be a (very) bad idea. This person didn’t know any of the bands, was sick and smelled like a polecat (which is not like this but like this . By now I can tell you which one I prefer!). Yuck! It really ruined part of my day! After spending a day in close proximity of a reeking person I am really convinced that they can’t smell themselves! I dropped a few subtle hints but that didn’t help. I was so engrossed by the stench that I couldn’t think about anything else. I honestly believe I missed some of the music stuff, just because I was trying to figure out how to avoid the smell and let people know it wasn’t me. It took me awhile but then I had it all figured out, as long as the wind came from behind me I couldn’t smell a thing……..hooray! I also sprayed with my deodorant a lot, just to make sure that people knew it wasn’t me. It must have been karma or something, Saturday I was punished for writing that earlier piece ;)

But still I had a enjoyable day which got even better when the headliner performed. They gave such a fantastic performance I totally forgot the world around me. Well, not the whole world. There was this guy standing next to me, who was somewhat of a tipsy party animal. We had so much fun! We danced, sang, laughed, waved our arms and screamed/howled together, took the same pictures and fooled around…..just had an awfully good time! That’s one of the reasons I like events like these so much, it brings people closer together…..even strangers (if they smell nice :))

Sorry guys, I’ll end this post with a little message in Dutch for the party animal:
Hey jij,
Hier een kort bedankje van de niet bierdrinkende “lieve” Jupiterster (niet i.b.v. van sigarettenwinkel en is zeker geen sigarenboer) a.k.a. “lekker ding” momenteel undercover op Voorne Putten. Ik wil je, de wel bierdrinkende, overal sigaretten bietsende Saturniriaan met de lieve glimlach, residerend op Walcheren, bedanken voor alle fun in de ondergaande zon. Je hebt van het optreden van Bløf een echt feestje gemaakt en zo werd een niet al te fantastische dag toch nog een dag met een briljant randje :) Bedankt voor het lachen!! x

BTW: Coldplay rulez ;)

Maybe I'll post some pictures on flickr l@er this week :)


Reasons to be cheerful:
1. The salty smell of the sea. I love it!
2. Music at a festival….the best way to enjoy it!
3. New friends and strange meetings!

4 comments:

Phil said...

Ik ben blij u had een goede tijd! Het is een schande uw vriend spiering slecht, maar ik heb van de geur schakels gehouden! : -) Verstuur sommige
afbeeldingen ja!

Dakota said...

LOL! In Dutch it actually would be something like this DoGGa:
Ik ben blij dat je (u is formal) een goede tijd hebt gehad. Het is een schande dat je vriend erg stonk, maar ik heb van de …………(not a clue what you tried to say with “geur schakels”) gehouden. Stuur wat foto’s/afbeeldingen. :)
I can only say not bad…… for a first try :) You can find some pictures on flickr now. The quality is poor (camera phone) because they said it was not allowed to bring a camera :(

zoom said...

How intriguing...

Dakota said...

What is intriguing, Zoom!?