Friday, June 23, 2006

What’s in a year?

365 days, 52 weeks, 12 months, 4 quarters
378 posts, 886 profile views, 4543 page loads, 1 new template, 1045 comments
I learned how to change my template,
How to include things like flickr and the weatherpixie
I still want to change my profile pic
I’ve thought about quitting this blog 3 times
During this year 15 new people entered my life and they are more then welcome
I had two time-outs
I started this blog in English and Dutch, but now it’s all English
I posted 10 videos and even more cartoons
I laughed, I cried, I sighed, I sniggered
I suffered from writers block
I linked to games because I sometimes don’t have the time to write or becaus I am just too lazy to write
I’ve been annoyed, I’ve been mad
I’ve been happy and sad
I’ve learned a lot about myself and others
I’ve read many interesting comments and views

And I am still here.
Thank you all for being part of my life and reading my blog. I’m amazed that this blog still exists after 365 days. I never thought I had that much to tell and I never ever thought that this would be such a pleasurable experience.




Reasons to be cheerful:
1. All the things I posted above
2. My herbs in my tiny herb garden are finally growing
3. Tonight I am treating myself to BBQ-ed salmon. Is time to eat yet? No!

8 comments:

Phil said...

Happy Blogday Dakota!

Well, it's been cool and I enjoy reading it! You obviously put a lot of time into it - your entries are always well worded, laid out nicely and have great little illustrations to go with each post.
(I've noticed how very tidily the picture swaps from left to right justification between posts too :>)

Keep up the good work! x

Dakota said...

Wow! *blush* Thanks for all your kind words on my work and all your comments DoGGa. I really appreciate it.
x
(I have to keep paying attention to the picture thingy now……someone is really paying attention ;))

zoom said...

Congratulations on a full year of blogging Dakota - and thank you. Your blog adds something to my daily life.

b o o said...

thats one great year {{Dakota}}

p/s i love herb gardens :)

Dakota said...

Thank you all :)

Zoom! I am sooooo glad you enjoy it :)

I never thought of that one, Stu. Thanks for the tip!

{{Boo}} :)

Rayya Ghul said...

Congratulations! I look forward to many more. Like zoom! I always find reading your blog lifts my spirits.

Phil said...

Happy Blogday Dakota,
you don't look a post over 378 :-)

Dakota said...

Well thank you, Snowqueen! Now you are lifting my spirits :)

Whahahaha…Phil Thanks you, you really made my day :)