Thursday, June 15, 2006

LOST – seems to be the word of the day.

Sometimes one word keeps popping up so many times during the day that it seems to be the word of that day and today that word is LOST. (I am not talking about the TV series here).

It all started bright and early this morning. I was reading the paper online and found out that the Dutch folks have LOST another great entertainer/comedian called Bert Klunder (age 49). He died yesterday after having a massive brain haemorrhage. I was kind of shocked by this news. For years I’ve been trying to see one of his live shows and every time something came up so I couldn’t go. This year however I was able to get some tickets and I was over the moon. Unfortunately this feeling did not last very long. A few weeks before the show, Bert had his first brain haemorrhage, so the show was cancelled and last weekend he had another one and died. The world has LOST a great comedian today!

LOST turned up again just an hour later. One of my friends called to tell me that she had LOST one kilo. She has been on the Weight Watcher program just a few days and is over the moon (hmmm…. There is moon again. Maybe that’s a better word of the day….. nope! I’ll just change that) soooo happy she calls me every day to tell me about her progress. To be honest, I don’t like Weight Watchers all that much. Sure it’s a great program if you want to change your eating habits, but I don’t like the weigh-in system. A few years ago I went to support another friend who had started Weight Watcher and they were literally bullying a lady who hadn’t LOST any weight. That is so wrong!!

Later today I was searching the net for some tutorials. I took me a while (and I got LOST a couple of times....a.k.a. distracted) but I finally found what I was looking for. Woo hoo! To make sure I would not lose them again, I bookmarked them. At the time I thought it was a smart move, now I am not so sure anymore because I’ve LOST them. Can’t find them anywhere :(

Jus a few moments ago I was filling in an online form. Things weren’t going to plan so I hit the cancel button and got “are you sure? After you press OK all information will be LOST!” *sigh* I am so glad it isn’t Friday! Why? Because if it was Friday, LOST would be on telly tonight :)

Well, so much is LOST today, there must be something FOUND too? Yup, I found a new item to include in my blogposts and here it is…..

Reasons to be cheerful:
1. I am going to another job interview next Thursday
2. The temperature has dropped considerably
3. My neighbours went on holiday yesterday, so I can enjoy some peace and quiet :)
Not that they are
that loud I never hear them, but they do have 3 small grandchildren who have reached the stage of toddler puberty (as they call it here) so they are very recalcitrant, cry a lot, and scream NO all day, every day (yeah, they come to “visit” their grandparents everyday!

2 comments:

Phil said...

You've lost me! :0

My next door neighbour sadly died about 8 months ago and it all went through probate etc, so the house has been empty, meaning I can enjoy loud music and watching films, really loud, any time of day and night.
The house has just gone on the market though, so I have to make the most of my detached house privileges while they last! ;-(

Good luck with you job interview. x

Dakota said...

Wahahaha! You’re a funny guy DoGGa, you just had to put another LOST in there :)

It’s a pity the house went on the market :) Enjoy your freedom as long as it lasts. Hmm…You could play loud music when people are in the house for a viewing, you know! Maybe then they will decides against it ;)

Thanks for your well wishes
x