Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight.

This morning I woke up with a song in my head. That’s not so strange, that has happened before. Usually it a song I’ve been listening to over and over again. At the moment I could easily wake up with "Mas que nada" by Sergio Mendes Feat. Black Eyed Peas.


The original song is almost as old as me, but it still brightens up my day. I can’t keep still, I have to move and sing along. Great cheerful song, but that is my opinion so feel free to totally dislike it :)

But that was not the song I woke up with. Today it was “Kiss me” by Six Pence None The Richer. Also an old song although not that ancient :).


Not a clue why I did wake up with this though. I can’t remember any dreams or an enormous desire to be kissed or anything ;)
So all in all kind of strange, but the story continuous and becomes even stranger. The first thing I do when I wake up is hit the clock radio so I can catch the latest news. Today, however there was no news, no......believe it or not.... “Kiss me” by Six Pence None The Richer was playing. And to make it all even weirder, the song was at the exact point where I left it when I woke up. Creepy!! Am I receiving radio waves when I am asleep? Am I telepathic? Or was this just a strange coincidence? I expect it is the latter, but still it freaked me out a little. A very bizarre start of the day :)



Reasons to be cheerful:
1. Bad days exist so I can appreciate the good ones even more.
2. Rooibos (Red bush) tea is yummy. I’d never tried it before, but I like it. It’s not only tasty but good for me (or you) too. It eases irritability (oh….just what I needed :)), headaches, nervous tension and insomnia. It can be used to treat hay fever, asthma and eczema and it will boost the immune system….. Hooray!
3. I am still walking on the sunny side of the street (even though it was hard to stay there these last few days).....Hooray again :)

11 comments:

b o o said...

i love the feeling of dejavu

Dakota said...

Ehmmm…. I have to think about that one, Stu ;)

I love the feeling too, but sometimes it freaks me out, Boo

Phil said...

LOL Stu, now your just messing with Dakota's head now, is you not, and erm mine too!
***
What an odd start indeed! I hope it gets more 'normal' ASAP...
I had no idea the BIPs had done that cover, but that song just reminds me of the Frosites TV advertisement. :)
Six pence none the richer song is a very easy going and summery song - like it!

Ahh, Rooibos tea sounds like it could do me some good! Will have to look for some when I go shopping on the weekend.
*Dogga sends himself e-mail home to remind him to get some*

wanderingthinker said...

It's time to accept more non-linearity in your life...

Dakota said...

DoGGa, Stu is always messing with my head ;) I am actually getting use to it :)

This version with the BIPs was released not to long ago. They have been playing it on the radio for 2 or 3 weeks now.
Not a clue what Frosites TV is though.

Memo to DoGGa: Don’t forget to buy Rooibos tea ! :)

This is stupid, but I’m not quite sure what you mean with this comment Wanderingthinker… did you mean non- rectilinear?

Phil said...

Frosties are a teeth rotting sugar coated breakfast cereal, and that track was used when they were giving away football stuff inside the packets. Really annoying adverts, you're not missing anything! :)

http://www.kelloggs.co.uk/frosties/

Ah, well reminded! I will write on my shopping list right now! Well remembered! x

Dakota said...

LOL! DoGGa You meant Frosties (iso Frosites). I know Frosties!! I guess you jumbled the letters around. So the BIPs are probably called the BEPs in the UK too ;) x

wanderingthinker said...

It's never stupid to ask, Dakota ;-)
I don't know what rectilinear means, and hope, it's not something what would make me blush in front of my mother :-)

In general we tend to see the flow of time and events moving linear in one direction from past, over present into the future. Some results of Physics are suggesting that time may not be going strict in this one direction and that the same world may exist multiple times (Schrödinger's Cat paradox). So it may be time to accept, that even the stranges things may exist and there may be more than we may recieve through our primary senses.

Got you excited? Then try to read Schrödingers Cat or the Illuminatus Trilogy by Robert Anthony Wilson.

Dakota said...

Just last week someone assured me it was stupid to ask questions, Wanderingthinker:) But I am still a follower of the “ask and you will learn” concept.

Rectilinear (geradlinig in German) means in a straight line or one-dimensional :) So in my opinion non-rectilinear thinking must mean thinking in more dimensions than the one :)
If I understand it correctly you are talking about parallel universes/alternate universes. I’m really fascinated by that whole theory and I might even be willing to believe it.

I checked out both books and I think I will like the “Illuminatus” trilogy best. But ehmmmm…. I’m not sure I am going to read it though. The book review started with “Filled with sex and violence”……..Did someone mentioned blushing? ;)

wanderingthinker said...

You may read Illuminatus without blushing, if you are able to read an actual edition of Cosmopolitan or watching an episode of Sex & the City without getting red ears. Don't forget , the book was written in the sixties. And I think, that an episode of Tom & Jerry contains more violent material then the whole Illuminatus trilogy.

Dakota said...

Oh, that’s such a relieve, Wanderingthinker ;)
Now I can put it on my ever growing “to-read” list.