Friday, June 16, 2006

Fun, game and fourteen Dutch guys

What do these words have in common?
Absolutely nothing, they are just all part of today’s blogpost :)
Oh…. Well I guess they have something in common now ;)

So, here is a bit of fun in the shape of a ninja cow


Next up: The game! Go and meet Roly Poly the hedgehog! A funny and adorable little creature :)

So all that is left now are the fourteen guys. Well, here they are!!
One of the Dutch magazines tried to figure out who the most popular (and yummy) Dutch celebrity was. Celebrity is a big word, because I don’t even know them all. By now all the votes are counted and I know who has made it to the cover. Curious as ever, I wondered if the choice of non-Dutch folks would be different because a) you don’t know these guys and b) you would only be judging on looks. So, help me out people, take part in my little poll.










Who would you vote for?










Reasons to be cheerful:
1. The sun is shining
2. I bought some beautiful garden plants for almost nothing
3. I finally removed (with a saw, clippers and axe) the shrubs that were a real eyesore. Hurrah….the garden looks so much better now!

9 comments:

kat said...

That is what cows are like. I wouldn't go near them.

Phil said...

I Got to level 14 or 15, the one where you have to keep between the two bits of electricity... Grrr, too frustrating!

I vote number guy 12. Whoever he is?

Dakota said...

Cows are not like that Kat. Cows are curious and sweet :) They follow you when you walk or try to get away but most cows will scurry away when you approach them. Just spread your arms and walk towards them :)

Wow, you’re good at that game DoGGa. I only made it to level 7 and when I wanted to try it again this morning I got this “Bandwidth Limit Exceeded. The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later”. Bummer!!

Thanks for your vote! That’s one vote down for #12 :) I will tell you who he is later!

Phil said...

Since I'm not on there, I'd have to go with number 6.
The video was udderly hilarious

Dakota said...

Of course you are not on it Phil! I hate to break the news to you but you are not a Dutch celebrity ….sorry! ;) # 6 is an interesting choice :) Thanks for voting :)

RiLo said...

Hi, came here through your 43Things list. The cow movie is a small part of the movie: Kung Pow - Enter the Fist, a hilarious spoof on martial arts movies.

Your photography is interesting as well, I recognize a few places (I'm from .nl as well).

Maybe you'd like to take a peek at my weblog as well (http://arminus.darktech.org/blog).

Keep on posting,
Richard

Dakota said...

Hi Richard, thanks for visiting my blog.
I didn’t know the cow thing was part of a whole movie. Maybe I should check that out one day. I glimpsed at your blog just now, it looks interesting! I will visit again when I have a bit more time.

Keep up the good work :)

Phil said...

Something tells me I selected the Netherland's worst Serial Killer

Dakota said...

Well, Phill maybe he is a serial killer in his spare time, who knows. I believe he is an actor.

And for those who are interested #12 Viggo Waas (actor, writer, comedian )was selected to be on the cover. He got most of the Dutch votes. #11 Chris Zegers (actor, presenter of a travel programme, singer) wasn’t actually part of this contest. In my opinion this was a bit strange because he has been voted most popular guy over and over again. Oh well, maybe he didn’t want to be on the cover of this magazine :) I would have voted for #12 or # 11…..I think they are both great guys.