Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I took a test today…..a strength test.

Today, I was reading a magazine and there was this interesting article about character strengths. There was this little test you could take, but there was also this link to the real and complete Values in Action Strengths Survey. Of course I was curious so I took the test online (for which you need to register btw).

So here are my 5 signature strengths:

#1 Curiosity and interest in the world
You are curious about everything.
You are always asking questions, and you find all subjects and topics fascinating. You like exploration and discovery.

#2 Honesty, authenticity, and genuineness
You are an honest person, not only by speaking the truth but by living your life in a genuine and authentic way.
You are down to earth and without pretense; you are a "real" person.

#3 Humor and playfulness
You like to laugh and tease.
Bringing smiles to other people is important to you. You try to see the light side of all situations.

#4 Kindness and generosity
You are kind and generous to others, and you are never too busy to do a favor.
You enjoy doing good deeds for others, even if you do not know them well.

#5 Zest, enthusiasm, and energy
Regardless of what you do, you approach it with excitement and energy.
You never do anything halfway or halfheartedly. For you, life is an adventure.

Hmmz… I’m still not sure I can agree with all of them or even like them ;)

4 comments:

qaminante said...

I thought your March 10th post related more than somewhat to #2?!

Rayya Ghul said...

Think that sounds about right.

zoom said...

I like them Dakota. They sound like good qualities to me.

Dakota said...

Hahaha… you are all right. There is nothing to be done, I’m just me! When I started the test I was just hoping for a bit of a surprise, I guess. Maybe I wanted to discover a strength I didn’t know about :)