Friday, March 17, 2006

Do I have “STUPID” tattooed on my forehead or something?


There is this guy who has been after my phone number for quit some time now, but I’m not interested in talking to him and I told him that (I figured this was a nice situation to be brutally honest for once). But still, he keeps pushing.

First it was: Call me sometime, here is my number! I didn’t want his number and I told him (again) why. So then he emailed me his number :( Again I told him that I was not interested and again he asked me for my number because according to him I was to shy to call him……YEAH right! When that didn’t work out the way he wanted, he tried to get my number from people I know. Luckily they didn’t give it to him because they know how I feel. So, he had to come up with a new and improved tactic and he did. Next trick in his book: okay, if you don’t want to give me your number, just send me a text (SMS) message!!

Does he really think I’m that stupid?

4 comments:

kat said...

This is sexual harassment. Tell him that you consider it to be such.

Phil said...

I agree with Kat, And Stu's idea is good too.
He does not sound like a catch to me Dakota. Tell him No means No

zoom said...

Maybe it's not so bad to have people who deserve (and need) a brutally honest, emphatic, rude rejection. If it weren't for them, how would we get to practice being brutally honest, emphatic and rude?

I'm sort of kidding, but not entirely. We're raised to be nice and to always spare people's feelings, and sometimes we have a hard time telling the truth without watering it down so much that nobody can recognize it.

Every now and then some jerk comes along who makes us escalate the force of our communication to levels we didn't think we were capable of. It can be liberating, especially when he finally gets the message and goes away.

Dakota said...

I agree with you Stu, I need the Dutch equivalent of flirt divert. There is only one problem…. I don’t think it exist :)

That’s a great suggestion Kat, I’ll tell him that.

Same goes for your idea Phil. Next time I’ll say ‘Which part of NO don’t you understand!’ or I’ll use the Dutch equivalent :)Oh and I know he isn’t a catch

Thanks for your input Zoom! and I have to admit, being brutally honest feels pretty liberating :) Now I’m still left with one problem, he doesn’t get the message. Hmmm…. Maybe he’s just deaf or dyslectic or something ;)