Monday, March 20, 2006

Creativity is a skill – part II

Earlier I wrote Creativity is a skill …here is the follow-up

Solution 1: (cutting the cake)

Solution 2: Was it more difficult then you thought? Most people get 9 objects in 3 minutes. When you had fewer results, try to look at the square from a different perspective. Look at it from above, from the side, maybe the square is in the air or under water. Just fool around with it a bit.

Solution 3: Empty the fifth glass into the second.

Solution 4: There are no right or wrongs here. This exercise is just here to stretch your mind. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh …….cake and kudos to Phil :)

4 comments:

Phil said...

I never got back to this post. I was surprised that I figured it out because I usually really stink at these. Maybe my perception is changing. FYI: I made a large version of my video that is clearer. It takes up 60 meg on my server

zoom said...

Thanks for posting the answers - the cake was keeping me up nights!

Dakota said...

How could you stink at these, you are a very creative person Phil :)
And FYI I watch the video again and it is even better, thanks for sharing!

My pleasure Zoom!. I hope you will be able to get some sleep now ;)
And FYI I had some trouble with the cake too :)

Dakota said...

You’re welcome :)

Amazing how people can end up at the same destination by travelling different roads. I think it’s safe to say that you travelled a completely different road then the rest of us, Stu :)

Great that you got 14 squares, you must be a very creative guy. I had 11 the first time :)