Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Half naked Wednesday ;)

Earlier this week I was reading a Dutch magazine called Quest. They used to call themselves a scientific magazine but these days it’s a braintainment magazine. But hey, who cares what it’s called, you are probably here for the nakedness. Well, do I have a surprise in store for you! Drum roll please….Hmmz… not the thing you had hoped for? Well, I am sorry, but you have to admit that it is half (a body) and it is naked (or at least I think so)! Okay fair enough, but what’s it all about, you may think. Well here’s the story.

Like I mentioned above, I was reading this magazine and it had an interesting article about Obesity.We’ve all seen the headlines like “Obesity is becoming top US killer” or “Europeans see obesity increasing”, so it wasn’t like I was reading something new or anything but seeing obesity in action was quite a different story.

The body scan shown above shows the body of a healthy lady age 36. She weighs 54 kilos and her height: 1.65 meters. Her BMI is 20. Below you will find the body scan of an obese person. This lady is 40; she weighs 113 kilos and her height: 1.67 meters. Her BMI is 40.All the yellowy/pinkish/light colours are fat. I was really surprised by the amount of fat in the stomach area. Okay it’s quite “normal” to expect that amount of fat on the outside, but on the inside too? I was a bit surprised. It looks like there is even fat in the eye sockets…… scary! I would never want to look like that! To motive myself I’ve put these pictures up on my refrigerator. A bit scary to look at every day, but fear can be a very good motivator :)

14 comments:

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Yikes! I'm 70 kilos and 1.67m with a BMI of 25 - which according to the site I found means I'm borderline overweight. Which I suppose I know anyway from the tightness of my jeans!!

kat said...

My diet starts now! :-)

Dakota said...

A few years ago my BMI was 27, which meant slightly overweight according to the charts only it didn’t feel that way to me. Then my BMI went down to a 19 and now it has stabilised at 21.

Bordering or not, Aoj according to the site I found your weight is still in the healthy range.

Oh my, it scared you too, Kat :)

Andre Veloux said...

I've seen nicer naked pictures.

Andre Veloux said...

PS if we are comparing 168cm 57kg, BMI 21

Anonymous said...

Yuk. Ikky Piccies
BMI 20.9 thank you very much;-)

b o o said...

i'm 1.61 & weighs 45 BMI 17.5

aargh....

its the fat around my heart, lungs & liver that i worry about.

Dakota said...

They might have been nicer, but are they just as intriguing, Andre?

Sorry for that, Lord Hutton. Next time I’ll post less ikky pictures :)

Can there even be fat around your heart, lungs and liver when your BMI is only 17.5, Boo? I think you can stop worrying!

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

My diet definitely starts now...I have a higher BMI than all your commentors Dakota! That's not good - healthy range or not!!

Dakota said...

Please don’t diet, Aoj, diets don’t work! If you really want to lose some weight alter you eating habits a bit and exercise (take a walk, take the stairs, ride a bike, dance, work in the garden, run, swim or whatever you fancy) for 30 minutes a day.

Phil said...

Wow and eww... Fat in teh eyes too, gross!

I have to admit I was getting a tad excited to possibly see a Dakota HNT entry :)

Dakota said...

Whahaha, lol! A bit exited….. come on! You’ve got to be kidding me! I am way too old to do a HNT, DoGGa ;)

And yeah I know it’s gross, but at the same time it motivates me to stay in shape. Who would want fat in their eye sockets?

Phil said...

LOL, no you're not!
OK, that's it, I'm gonna squeeze some sort of HNT out of you if the last thing I do :]

P.S. And I mean that!!!

Dakota said...

LOL, I would like to see you try, DoGGa. Who knows you might even succeed...................... one day ;)