Thursday, February 22, 2007

What do the books I've read say about me?

What would your list look like? I borrowed this from someone in the blog-o-sphere. It reminded me of books I forgot or want to add to my reading list. There are several books that aren’t on this list, that I have read, but just aren’t on this list.

Look at the list of books below.
*Bold the ones you’ve read
*Italicize the ones you want to read
*leave blank the ones that you aren't interested in. If you are reading this, tag your it!

Now I am reading: Love and the Monroes – Suzanne Power
I really can’t recommend this of book. It’s entertaining….sometimes, but that’s about it.

1.The Da Vinci Code (Dan Brown)
2.Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)
3.To Kill A Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
4. Gone With The Wind (Margaret Mitchell)
5. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Tolkien)
6. The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (Tolkien)
7. The Lord of the Rings: Two Towers (Tolkien)
8. Anne of Green Gables (L.M. Montgomery)
9. Outlander (Diana Gabaldon)
10.A Fine Balance (Rohinton Mistry)
11.Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Rowling)
12.Angels and Demons (Dan Brown)
13.Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Rowling)
14. A Prayer for Owen Meany (John Irving)
15. Memoirs of a Geisha (Arthur Golden)
16.Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (Rowling)
17. Fall on Your Knees(Ann-Marie MacDonald)
18. The Stand (Stephen King)
19. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban(Rowling)
20. Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte)
21. The Hobbit (Tolkien)
22. The Catcher in the Rye (J.D. Salinger)
23. Little Women (Louisa May Alcott)
24. The Lovely Bones (Alice Sebold)
25. Life of Pi (Yann Martel)
26. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams)
27. Wuthering Heights (Emily Bronte)
28. The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (C. S. Lewis)
29. East of Eden (John Steinbeck)
30. Tuesdays with Morrie(Mitch Albom)
31. Dune (Frank Herbert)
32. The Notebook (Nicholas Sparks)
33. Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand)
34. 1984 (Orwell)
35. The Mists of Avalon (Marion Zimmer Bradley)
36. The Pillars of the Earth (Ken Follett)
37. The Power of One (Bryce Courtenay)
38. I Know This Much is True(Wally Lamb)
39. The Red Tent (Anita Diamant)
40. The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho)
41. The Clan of the Cave Bear (Jean M. Auel)
42. The Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini)
43. Confessions of a Shopaholic (Sophie Kinsella)
44. The Five People You Meet In Heaven (Mitch Albom)
45. Bible
46. Anna Karenina (Tolstoy)
47. The Count of Monte Cristo (Alexandre Dumas)
48. Angela’s Ashes (Frank McCourt)
49. The Grapes of Wrath (John Steinbeck)
50. She’s Come Undone (Wally Lamb)
51. The Poisonwood Bible (Barbara Kingsolver)
52. A Tale of Two Cities (Dickens)
53. Ender’s Game (Orson Scott Card)
54. Great Expectations (Dickens)
55. The Great Gatsby (Fitzgerald)
56. The Stone Angel (Margaret Laurence)
57. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Rowling)
58. The Thorn Birds (Colleen McCullough)
59. The Handmaid’s Tale (Margaret Atwood)
60. The Time Traveller’s Wife (Audrew Niffenegger)
61. Crime and Punishment (Fyodor Dostoyevsky)
62. The Fountainhead (Ayn Rand)
63. War and Peace (Tolsoy)
64. Interview With The Vampire (Anne Rice)
65. Fifth Business (Robertson Davis)
66. One Hundred Years Of Solitude (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)
67. The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants (Ann Brashares)
68. Catch-22 (Joseph Heller)
69. Les Miserables (Hugo)
70. The Little Prince (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)
71. Bridget Jones’ Diary (Fielding)
72. Love in the Time of Cholera (Marquez)
73. Shogun (James Clavell)
74. The English Patient (Michael Ondaatje)
75. The Secret Garden (Frances Hodgson Burnett)
76. The Summer Tree (Guy Gavriel Kay)
77. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (Betty Smith)
78. The World According To Garp (John Irving)
79. The Diviners (Margaret Laurence)
80. Charlotte’s Web (E.B. White)
81. Not Wanted On The Voyage (Timothy Findley)
82. Of Mice And Men (Steinbeck)
83. Rebecca (Daphne DuMaurier)
84. Wizard’s First Rule (Terry Goodkind)
85. Emma (Jane Austen)
86. Watership Down(Richard Adams)
87. Brave New World (Aldous Huxley)
88. The Stone Diaries (Carol Shields)
89. Blindness (Jose Saramago)
90. Kane and Abel (Jeffrey Archer)
91. In The Skin Of A Lion (Ondaatje)
92. Lord of the Flies (Golding)
93. The Good Earth(Pearl S. Buck)
94. The Secret Life of Bees (Sue Monk Kidd)
95. The Bourne Identity (Robert Ludlum)
96. The Outsiders (S.E. Hinton)
97. White Oleander (Janet Fitch)
98. A Woman of Substance (Barbara Taylor Bradford)
99. The Celestine Prophecy (James Redfield)
100.Ulysses (James Joyce)

So back to the original question. What would this list say about me? This list would probably tell you I’ve read a lot of SF & Fantasy books, thrillers, some of the classics and novels. But I’ve read a lot more; I am a real book worm! Give me a good book and I am a very happy girl :) Hmmz…. I guess it tells you.... zilch ;)

12 comments:

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Our lists are not too dissimilar!

Anonymous said...

I think there's a big difference between what men read and what women read. Of that list, I can do Tolkien, Herbert, Adams, Rowling, Heller, even Atwood. The rest I have no idea. Except Brown, who I avoid on purpose;-)

b o o said...

i have not read a single Harry Potter. wonder what that says about me? too many favorites to pick from your list & i realized i have read most of them *beams*

p/s maybe it means u are pragmatic on the outside but a dreamy romantic inside?

KJ's muse said...

Hmmm, started doing the list here, but guess I shouldn't take up all that room! ;)

Okay, I'll do it on my own blog soon.

Dakota, what are some of your favourite books that weren't included on this list?

Oh, I haven't read a single Harry Potter book either.

Phil said...

Wow, what a list!
I've read all the LOTR and the Hobbit and the Da Vinci Code... That's about it... so I wont do the list, it would be rather unboldified :]

Dakota said...

Our list is very similar, Aoj. Thanks for playing :)

Lol avoiding Brown! I’ve read most of the Brown books before it turned into a hype, Lord Hutton. Oh and I agree, I think men read other books then women.

You haven’t read any of the Harry Potter books, Boo? Hmmz….. I guess you lost your inner child. Nah….it’s still there, it has to be!
On the other hand you did read most of the other books on the list……I can only say WOW!

I can’t wait to see your list, KJ’s Muse. I had to think a bit about some of my favourites but here is a short list of books I really liked (in random order)
Empress Orchid by Anchee Min
The Traveller by John Twelve Hawks
The brief history of the dead by Kevin Brockmeier
Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
The brief history of the dead by Kevin Brockmeier
The wheel of time series by Robert Jordan

I also like most of the books by Nicci French and Marianne Fredriksson

Strange I’ve seen that same comment earlier today, DoGGa ;)

Anonymous said...

I picked this up on Andre's site and it will appear on mine probably tomorrow! (Andre just happens to be above you on my blogroll)

Dakota said...

That's okay, Snowqueen. Thanks for playing along :)

KJ's muse said...

Thanks for the short list and links Dakota. I'll check 'em out. And I WILL post my own list soon as well. :)

Dakota said...

I am looking forward to it, KJ’s Muse :)

KJ's muse said...

Finally got the list posted! ;)

And I checked out your links. Kafka on the Shore looks like something I'd really enjoy. Thanks for the fun meme!

Dakota said...

Yeah, you did it!! I am a bit stressed for time at the moment, KJ’s Muse but I’ll take a look at it later today :)