Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A message.

“I miss you”
Almost two weeks ago I found this message on a fence near the river. I love finding these messages because they always make me wonder. I like to speculate about who left it and for whom. Was it left by a male or a female? Was it left by kid or an adult? And why did this person leave the message on that exact spot? Was it their special place (kind of an odd spot for a special place though)? Why did this person carved the message (I mean come on, there are a lot of other ways to relay a message)? Did someone die? Did they break-up? Did the missed person see the message? Guess I can speculate all I want but I am never going to get all my questions answered! But that’s okay; I love a bit of a mystery!

Anyway this morning I remembered this picture and thought ‘I wonder how this person is doing now?’ Another question that is not going to be answered but I do hope he or she is having a wonderful Valentine’s Day. Same goes for all of you :)

Happy Valentine’s Day!!
xoxo

5 comments:

Andre Veloux said...

Happy Valentines Day to you to Dakota.

Phil said...

Happy Valentine's for yesyerday Dakota XXX
I got a valentines card... from the dog I sponsor LOL :[

I good to find a message that's not just an expletive or something!

Dakota said...

Hope you had a beautiful day guys :)

At least you did actually get one, DoGGa. That’s one more than I got! :’(

KJ's muse said...

I love messages! And the mystery surrounding them.

When I first moved into one of my earliest apartments I ended up finding marks on a wall where some kid had their height measured. They had included dates, and they were from 1945! That of course led to all kinds of speculation about not only the child, but the family and the house. Loved it.

Oh, got a card in the mail for Valentine's Day, but it was for my cat! :)

Dakota said...

Tsssk! I think I need to get me a pet! ;) Even my “not so secret admirer” didn’t send me a card :)

You just got to love those kind of messages and marks. They can keep your imagination going for days and days, while the story gets bigger and better :)