Thursday, February 08, 2007

Finally.......


I have some time to post something.

Winter has arrived and everybody seems a bit confused about that. They even issued a weather warning because 5 – 10 cm of snow was expected. Only 3 cm of snow fell in my area this morning and now it’s raining again. Hmmz… guess winter isn’t planning to stay long, it is just passing through.

My friend is feeling much better. He still isn’t fully recovered yet but he can sit and stand up longer. Today he even went for a short walk. Tomorrow he has another physio therapy session and a doctor’s appointment, so fingers crossed and let’s hope he feels even better after that! I am We are hopeful he’s going to be able to go home this weekend. Hooray!
Oh and in case you are wondering what was wrong with him…… your guess is as good as the doctors and therapist, they both haven’t got a clue.

I’ll get my life back next week! Sounds dramatic, I know, but when you are used to living alone it’s quite a change when you have someone around (24/7) for almost 3 weeks.

My other friend had her last chemo two weeks ago and is starting to feel lots and lots better. Last week was her worst week ever. She was placed under house arrest and wasn’t allowed any visitors, but yesterday she was able to go to theatre again. Hurrah! Oh and her hair is growing back already. She We were so happy, we even did a little happy dance :)

I am starting to feel like me again. I went to the spa on Sunday (all arranged by the friend I am taking care of). I took a relaxing steam-bath, got a hot stone massage and a facial. Afterwards I felt like a different Dakota….. who knows, it might even be a new and improved one :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! and Woo! for the return of normality

Phil said...

Yay, glad things are getting back on track for you.
I think I'm suffering from SAD and post Xmas blues still, but hopefully it will go soon.
We had a massive dump of snow over here last night, several inches and I couldn't get my car up the street this morning and two complete strangers saw this and pushed me up! How nice of them!!!

KJ's muse said...

Glad your friends are starting to feel better, and that your life will be your own again!

Yeah, I don't think I could handle three weeks with someone around. Three hours, MAYBE. ;)

Anonymous said...

I've always believed that what would make us happiest is if someone took everything away from us, and then gave some of it back.

Congratulations on getting your life back Dakota!

Dakota said...

Aaaah, thanks for all the nice comment guys! :)

I hope you feel better soon DoGGa. Great to know there are still nice people around :)

Lol, KJ's Muse. I always thought 3 hours was just long enough!

That is a nice thought, Zoom!. Getting some of the things back feels great :)