Saturday, April 01, 2006

A dream is just a dream........or isn't it?

Recently I've been having the same dream over and over again and it is a bit of a peculiar one.

It all starts out with me standing in an empty baggage claim area at an airport. Oddly enough there is no one else around. I walk to one of the baggage carousels and wait. After a while the carousel starts making its rounds but there is nothing on it. I wait a bit longer, still nothing. All of a sudden I noticed that I am no longer alone. An attendant is looking at me and then walks over. He looks at me and says ‘so, here you are again’. I look at him a bit startled and ask ‘huh, have I been here before?’ ‘Yes’ is his answer and he looks at me all puzzled. ‘Don’t you remember’ he said ‘you were here yesterday and the day before, looking for your baggage’ I start digging in my memory, but I can’t remember anything. So I ask him ‘The other time I was here, did I find my luggage?’ ‘No’ he replied ‘because you weren’t waiting for your luggage but you were looking for your baggage and I told you that we had none of your baggage’. I stare at him, all confused. He puts one of his hands on my shoulder and looks deep into my eyes and says ‘you don’t need your baggage; you have all the suitcases you need. Go and leave this airport and don’t come back. Really, you have all you need! Walk out of here and don’t look back!’ After that, he hugs me and when I try to say something he shushes me, turns me to the exit and then……..I wake up!

This might sound crazy but I think my dream is trying to tell me something :) Maybe it is telling me that it is time to move on, time to leave all my baggage behind, to take the next step or who knows…. Maybe, just maybe, it is just what it is…. A peculiar dream :)

6 comments:

b o o said...

moving on in life without baggage is a very good thing. hope u find what you're looking for or just take a quick inventory around u. maybe its there all along {[hugs}}

p/s did that attendent have an uniform on *sexxy* heh

zoom said...

I'm no expert, but I'd say that dream - especially since it's a recurring one - is highly symbolic. Luggage is something useful you need to take with you on your travels. Baggage, on the other hand, is something from the past that just weighs you down and keeps you from moving forward. Maybe your subconscious is telling you that you're ready to let go of something from the past that's been weighing you down...or maybe it's already gone, but you're still looking for it.

In any case, I think it sounds like a very positive dream!

Dakota said...

Hahaha Boo, the attendent was everything but sexy :)

Thanks for your wise word, I'll take a quick inventory.

Thanks for your input Zoom! and I agree with you. The baggage is holding me back and it is time to move on. Just have to figure out what it is exactly but it will come to me. Who knows, it might even come to me in a dream, hopefully another positive one :)

wanderingthinker said...

You may use this dream as a topic for the next meditation sessions and try to find out, if you are ready for some change in your life...

kat said...

How strange. I've recently been dreaming about finding lost laundry. Clothes from many years ago. I found some of it in a small corner shop. Maybe it's a similiar thing or perhaps the exact opposite. You can't find any baggage - I'm finding it all over the place.

Dakota said...

Thanks for your inspirational comment Wanderingthinker>. I’ll give it a try :)

And I was thinking I had strange dreams Kat. I’m not sure what to make of your dream. Maybe you have some hidden baggage which you need to identify first before you can take a next big step or something. Or maybe it doesn’t mean a thing :) I’m no expert!